Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB ports and Flex

KB3SI
KB3SI Member
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR CAT
I have my Flex 6300 running and the software is using ports 4 and 5. Works fine on JT65 and HRD. I used to be able to connect my Yaesu FT991 and Icom 7300 using a usb connection that used serial ports 4 and 5. However now I can't. Is there a work around so that I can use my other two radios on digital modes without uninstalling the software for the Flex?

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    You can do either of two things.

Change the serial ports in SmartSDR CAT to not conflict with the USB serial ports (Com 4 and 5) for the 991 and 7300. 

OR

Change the serial port numbers of the USB to serial ports on the 7300 and 991. You do this from windows control panel. 

I think if you disconnect and reconnect the USB plug it may just reassign port numbers to ones not used by CAT. Try a different USB port on your computer. 
  • GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited April 2017
    Just in case you don't know how to do it, google "how to change serial port number ", there are plenty of videos
    Cheers
    Paul
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
  • KB3SI
    KB3SI Member
    edited December 2016
    Went to the device manager following the instructions given and changed the com port numbers assigned for the drivers for the FT991 and the ICOM 7300, rebooted the computer and now all three radios are working fine with JT65 and HRD.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.