Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DAX-IQ streaming range ?

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
My brain is not smart enough for SmartSDR and DAX yet.  To perform various tasks with the Flex 6300, I need to better understand the frequency range of the DAX IQ stream and its relationship to the center frequency in a panadapter.  Also the subtleties  of how this is impacted my zooming in and out of the panadapter display.   For example, if I wanted to have an IQ stream of 96 kHz  staring at a precise frequency and ending 96 kHz further up, how can I set this ?  Also , if I want to change this, how can I  do that. At the moment I am randomly clicking on the panadapter and seeing how things change.

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You would make that frequency the center of the panadapter +48KHz
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited September 2016
    Thanks.  I could have sworn that earlier today the IQ range changed with zoom in/out of the Panadapter .  This evening the center frequency and the IQ range stay constant regardless of zoom setting, which is what I wanted. 
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Lol, I still think the waterfall in my 6700 slows down by 50% when I am completely zoomed in. Mind tricks as it seems only my radio behaves that way...
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited March 2017
    Sometimes the IQ range does change when zooming in or out,  I need to figure out how sometimes that does not happen.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is due to two factors.

1.) When you zoom the first time, it will shift the panadapter frequency until the active slice is centered in the panadapter.
    2.) If you are getting very small changes in the IQ center frequency it is probably due to rounding and/or the precision of the variables used to calculate panadapter bandwidth.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.