Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro reset

Bob G   W1GLV
Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in Maestro
How do you reset the Maestro to factory defaults?

Answers

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    There isn't a way.   Send it to Austin?!  :)
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    There is no need. If you think you need a reset, just hold the power button for 30 seconds. Is there a problem you are trying to solve? Mike va3mw
  • Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    If I press the Maestro power button down evenly for several seconds (instead of pushing down only the right side of the power button), a blue "Recovery" screen appears stating that I need to press the Windows key for UEFI firmware settings -- which gets me nowhere.  Holding right side of the power button down for several seconds, just turns the Maestro ON followed by a power-OFF, without any display notification.
    Dewey, w0yww
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    There is no Left or Right side of the button. It is a single switch device. I suspect that if you are pushing on the right, you are not really making any contact or only partial contact. I'm not sure where this came from, but it is a nice story. mike va3mw
  • Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    If what I described is abnormal, I will initiate a Flex repair ticket.  If I push down firmly on anything other than the far right side of my power switch, it does not perform a normal power-ON function.  I considered this just a flaky designed switch action that was representative of all Maestro units.  Regardless, with Flex-6700 powered down, holding down the Maestro power switch for 30 seconds does not initiate a reset on my unit.
    Dewey, w0yww
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Holding the button for ~10 seconds will shut Maestro down unconditionally (like holding the power button on a PC).  There is not a factory reset on the Maestro.  If it isn't booting properly, I would recommend opening a helpdesk ticket so our support team can you troubleshoot the issue.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Dewey, This might help 29 RESTORING TO FACTORY DEFAULTS Restoring the radio to factory defaults will clear any installed waveform modules, persistence and profile data in the radio and return it back to its original state. Default profiles are restored if they had been deleted. It is recommended that you make a backup of your Global, Transmit and MIC profiles before resetting the radio back to factory defaults. NOTE: This should only be used as a last resort. If you are having trouble with your radio, please submit a HelpDesk support request. FLEX-6700 and FLEX-6500 Reset Procedure With the radio powered off, press and hold down the “OK” button on the front panel of the radio. Momentarily press and release the power button to power on the radio. Continue holding in the OK button until the front display counts down to 0, the power LED starts blinking white and the “CALIBRATING…” message is displayed, then release the OK button. Allow the radio to continue booting normally. FLEX-6300 Reset Procedure With the radio powered off, press and hold down the power button until the Power LED blinks white, then release the power button. Allow the radio to continue booting normally.
  • Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Michael and Eric.  Sorry for borrowing Bob's reset thread, but the power switch action and feel seems really weird on my Maestro.  But I was primarily interested in resetting the Maestro and not the 6700, because 6700 works great with v1.9.7, but Maestro had a lot of update difficulty (displaying "waiting on hardware initialization" error messages) before hanging up twice and although it didn't appear to complete the update bar graph display cycles, after a couple reboots, it appears to operate normal except for reversed keying input (which can be changed via menu setting)... so I'd really like to reload v1.9.7, but there appears to be no way to delete its stored software versions.  If resetting the 6700 to factory defaults, as you've described from the manual, totally resets the Maestro, then I'll resign myself to doing that.  Note that the Maestro update problem was likely caused by my forgetting to plug in its power cord (discovered after update completed)!
    Thanks for all your comments!
    73, Dewey, w0yww
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Hi Dewey, like a mentioned earlier, there is no reset on the Maestro. You might want to open a support case then. All of this is recoverable. Mike
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Lots of confusion here.  Let me clarify.

1.) Resetting the FLEX-6000 does not reset the Maestro
    2.) There isn't a reset for the Maestro, per se, but a forced close can mitigate some unexpected behaviors
    3.) On some units, the power button on the Maestro makes better physical contact to the display power switch if it is pressed a little right of center.  This is not an unexpected behavior or an indication that there is anything wrong with the unit.

If you continue to have problems, then by all means please open a HelPDesk ticket so we can investigate.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Mike
    There is no Left or Right side of the button. It is a single switch device. I suspect that if you are pushing on the right, you are not really making any contact or only partial contact.
    I'm not sure where this came from, but it is a nice story.
    mike va3mw
    That came from a post here in the Community. I bet the member that posted it remembers posting it. When no one challenges the authenticity, of information posted here in the Community, it might get mistaken as peer reviewed fact.

What to do about it?
    When?

Now might be a good time. image

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Gary
    Gary Member
    edited December 2016

Ok ... so now I'm thoroughly confused.... I have a new Maestro (as well as 6700) ... I tried to get the Maestro to connect to the 6700 without success... that was direct wired... then I tried through a switch, then through 2 different routers and finally via Wifi... I was never able to 'see' the radio through all this. Finally I was told to hold down the power button for 20 seconds to 'reset' the Maestro... I held it down and after what seemed like 12 seconds or so (yes I was counting) it seemed to 'act differently' and power up again - THIS time it worked. So - if that isn't a 'reset' - what is it!? And why did I have to do it to finally see the radio?

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    So - if that isn't a 'reset' - what is it!? 

It is a forced shutdown of the embedded Windows operating system so that when it restarts, it boots up completely rather than just "waking up".  A reset implies that parameters are reset to a factory default setting, which is not a feature of the Maestro. 
  • Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    TIM i have many soft on my maestro it's possible erase all i have v1.10.8 and more and i have many version alpha 
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2017
    Jean -- if you will write up a helpdesk ticket (helpdesk.flexradio.com), we can get this straightened out for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.