Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What happened to the Maestro?

John-K3MA
John-K3MA Member
edited June 2019 in Maestro
I noticed that the Maestro is not longer listed on the buy page.  What has happened?

Answers

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    They are still available but temporarily out of stock. Email sales if you want to order.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    In the meantime. You can still buy the dust cover and tilt hinge feet and set them on your desk and pretend
  • Alan Waller
    Alan Waller Member
    edited September 2016
    Why delete if it's just on back order? Very odd indeed!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    There has been an issue with the product database for our online store.  We are working on the issue.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    The issues have been resolved.
  • jimi
    jimi Member
    what is the main purpose of maestro, ?? if i buy a flex 6600 do i get a face to the radio ,or do i have to use my, i am not interested in remote operation , do i need to hook up to the internet, can some one answer me direct with out all the other nonsence computer
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

The maestro mostly duplicates the front panel of an M model flex. The non-M 6400, 6600 do not have a front panel with controls, and require a separate pc,Mac, iPad, iPhone or maestro for control.

with one exception, no internet is required to operate a flex. The pc, maestro or whatever plugs directly into the flex with a cat 6 Ethernet cable. The only time the flex must have internet connectivity is to validate purchase of a new major version of the flex software (e.g from version 3 something to version 4 something).

From my perspective, if someone really needs knobs to fiddle with, the preferred combination is a maestro and a non-M radio. The radio can be mounted in one location, and the maestro in another, for a lot of Flexibility

With all the support software available, I have never felt the need for legacy knobs.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.