Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-6300 direct connected to pc and pc uses internet through wifi

I have my FLex-6300 directly connectted to my pc ethernet port. My Pc communicate with with a router and intenet via wifi.
After windows 10 update my Pc cant start the Flex-6300 although the Flex-6300 shows up in the radio setup.
My solution is to disconnect wifi and then start the Flex-6300. Then I connect wifi again and all works fine.
But there must be a better solution?

Comments

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    There is.  Connect the radio and computer to a switch which is then connected to your router and ditch the wifi for your desktop PC.   Wifi on the laptop is fine.  You'll need this for 2.0 WAN.
  • Roger Sjölin
    Roger Sjölin Member
    edited September 2016
    Ok I know that solution but I cant use it.
    My Pc and Flex-6300 is located about 20m away from the router and my fiber connection and will not use cables.

• K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Then still use a switch on the PC/Radio side and insert a Ethernet / Wifi bridge to connect that segment over to your router for internet access.  

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Universal-Ethernet-Adapter-WNCE3001/dp/B005N6XBDO/
  • Roger Sjölin
    Roger Sjölin Member
    edited September 2016
    Ok Thanks.
    Problem solved. Now I hope that where will be no interference problems with 2 new devices (adapter and switch).
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I have the identical configuration as yours including the latest Windows updates and everything works fine, always has. Flex on Ethernet directly to PC and Wi-Fi for internet access, don't know what to tell you.
  • Roger Sjölin
    Roger Sjölin Member
    edited September 2016
    How does Your setup for the ethernet card look like?
    Do You have a static IP address?
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Interesting, I did a demo of my radio at a location that didn't have a router, and found th esame issue. It owuldn't see it at first, than disconnect  and reconnect, and all good.  A router is definitely the best way to connect one. 
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    It is assigned 169.254.9.212. I don't do anything other than plug the Flex into the Ethernet port and turn it on. The WiFi router assigns the computer internet port  a 192.168.1.1__. I simply let Windows do its thing and using its built in firewall.
  • Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Well, that's at least two of us.
  • Roger Sjölin
    Roger Sjölin Member
    edited September 2016
    Yes my worked fine too during 3 weeks and I have not installed any new software or
    made any other changes and suddenly it doesn work.
    The only thing that has been done automatically is windows 10 update.
  • PA3ESB
    PA3ESB Member
    I use a Dell Laptop with a USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet adapter and a Flex radio 6300. I connected the Ethernet adapter to the Flexradio with an Ethernet cable. I tried a Ethernet cross cable also. Both didn't work. Using a gigabit Netgear switch and it works. 100Mbit/s doesn't work. It's too slow.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.