Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PowerSDR 2.7.2 ke9ns Revision T9 available for download

KE9NS
KE9NS Member ✭✭

Cumulative Feature list for Revision T9 (in no particular order):

SWL BANDS: 14 standard Shortwave Listening bands, each with their own Bandstacking memories.
SWL SPOTTER:
SWL.CSV database file (from eibispace.de) provides over 11000 shortwave broadcast, utility, and government frequencies all displayed directly on the Panadapter. Right Click on a station to open up a google search.
SWL Listing screen: Displays currently operating SWL stations by Frequency and is SEARCHABLE by Station Name. Left Click to go to frequency. Attempts to determine the mode (AM, DIGU, USB, CW).

DX CLUSTER
: Using and internet and a DX Cluster URL address:port, and your callsign, DX station data shows up in a window based on time, checking for duplicates in frequency and call sign. Left click in this list to go directly to Frequency parsing out operating mode, and split. Right click to go to QRZ page  
DX SPOTTER: Displayed directly onto the Panadapter. CTRL + Click on spot in Pan, goes to QRZ page. SHIFT+Click on spot in Pan, alternates display from Spotted to  <Spotter>. 6m includes grid data
Grayline & Suntracker: World map plots Sun and/or Grayline, including Solstice and Space Weather data. Grayline has fill color and transparency settings and can be turned off separately.
Special Panafall mode: 80% map, 20% waterfall.
Mapping DX spots directly onto map which are live and selectable: CTRL+Click over red dot, to go directly to frequency, mode, and split.
MEMORY list mapped directly to Panadapter. CTRL+Click on memory in Pan, to adjust filters, mode
MEMORY Added directly from Display: ALT+M key
MEMORY Hyperlinking: Drag/Drop a URL or file directly onto highlighted MEMORY (from memory screen). Right click on highlighted memory (from memory screen) to activate stored Hyperlink.

Bandstack Memory Window
: Bandstack index# and size on main console window. Right click to open window. Add up to 9 memories (every band) with CTRL+Right Click on Band button.
Bandstack LOCK/UNLOCK feature for each memory in each Bandstack. Right Click on bandstack memory.

NOAA space weather on main console screen (SFI, A, K, SSN) in addition to PA Temp and Voltage.
Panadapter Fill color and Transparency.

New Analog Meters
: Click on meters to cycle through all 3 (can also change colors). Also added RX “Signal peak” RX mode
2nd TX Meter Function: allows you to view 2 TX meter functions at the same time. Appears where the RX2 meter would be.

One Touch Automatic Waterfall Adjustment button: (RX & TX) with offset adjustment sliders.
One Touch Automatic Panadapter Adjustment button: (RX & TX) with offset adjustment sliders.
Separate waterfall Low levels for TX display and RX2.
RX1 and RX2 both display in PanaFall mode at same time.
Waterfall History moves with Panadapter, so the history is always accurate.
Gray waterfall (for viewing waterfall text and images)
TX WaterID: Transmit your call sign directly into the waterfall so anyone with a DSP can see your call sign (or transmit an bmp image)

RX1 mute
allow VAC to continue, while still listening to RX2
CWX panel polls CW Key to interrupt message queue. Speed of CWX and CW key panel synced.
Direct Frequency entry in KHZ or MHZ (both VFOA and VFOB)
Native Griffin PowerMate USB knob support: no extra software
Native DJConsole USB support: no extra software

Quick Audio Save folder allows multiple saved recordings that can be played from the main console screen REC and PLAY buttons
Rec/Play ID feature: <REC>: Auto Record your voice. <PLAY>: Auto Play to Transmitter. For Contesting.
Monitor function for AM/FM modes  (with limitations)
Monitor Pre and Post options (MONpr and MONps)
DSP Options (i.e. NR, ANF, NB)  reset to default buttons added.
TNF adjustable width
Band Scanner function
Continuum display mode for RX1
Corrected S9 reading above 30mhz
10khz wide TX Audio for 1500 and 3000
Opened up RX Audio to 15khz/side (30khz total)
Right Click on many buttons to go directly to setup screens (i.e. VAC1, NB, transmit profile)

You can download at: ke9ns.com/flexpage.html

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Very impressive.  Hope to see SSDR eventually obtain all those bells and whistles.
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited February 2018
    Darrin is very  intelligent guy he gave psdr new life top notch 
    for sure he can make ssdr the same fantastic job Darrin thank you 
    i wish you can add all w1aex skin in your software i am sure he have no issue with it 
    thank you 
    73 elan g0uut
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Darrin, you are the best in the west and deserve some recognition for your contribution towards your work. Every time I switch the f3000 on, I smile to myself and say thanks to you, FR is now back in the race.
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I have an F6300 and a 5000a in the shack.

Whilst the 6k has some technical advantages over the 5k (most RF performance differences are not perceptible in normal use), I find that the software keeps tipping me back towards the 5000a time and time again.

I'm an obsessive DX chaser and contester, yet I find very little desire to turn the 6k on any more.

• Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Steve,
                  Have you had occasion to compare noise blankers?  At my qth the
    5000 NB was the "gold standard".  Were there changes/improvements in
    the new software?

Ned,  K1NJ

• David Pearson
    David Pearson Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Just discover this version of PowerSDR.  Love the features.....
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for all your help Darrin. I did get it working after updating runtime.
    I see all the list of the features, but I don't understand what they all do. Is there a rundown of the what each do? And what they are for?
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Great. Click on the "About" button in PowerSDR and there is a doc file and videos to view the features.
  • KE9NS
    KE9NS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020

PowerSDR ke9ns Revision T10 (092516T10) update adds:

->Beam Headings (deg°) listed directly in both Spotter window and optionally on Tracking Map. You supply your stations Lat/Long position in spotter screen.

->Event (memory) Scheduler/Recorder (weekly or monthly). Recording saves as .mp3. Can START radio if in STOP mode when schedule comes up.

->Larger VFOA/B (28pt) "Frequency" display readout (original was 20pt)

->Sliding VFOA (click on PAN: to toggle, Center button to reset)

->Pop up Lat/Long grid on Tracking screen (shift key to toggle)

->Panadapter small signal scaler (click on Zoom: to toggle)

Download at ke9ns.com/flexpage.html

Darrin ke9ns

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.