Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hurricane Hermine destroyed SmartSDR files

Ernest
Ernest Member ✭✭
Before the arrival of Hurricane Hermine Sep 2016 to Amelia Island; I was confined to bed rest due to lower back pain. I asked my wife to shut the radio down. (I had to blame someone and she is an easy target.)
Today, I tried to start the unit and came up with the following errors.

I have not filed a Help Desk request yet; since this is an easy problem to fix.
However, I am asking the forum members; if what I am intending to do is logical.
I will delete and reinstall all SmartSDR v1.8.4 including CAT and DAX software;after I see some answers to my posting.

Thank in advance and before the next storm, I will do the shut down. 

Flex-6700
Windows 10

Comments

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Windows 10? Sounds like the "Anniversary Update" got installed. Try uninstalling SSDR and FlexVSP and reinstalling. Tim has directions on doing this, but I don't have the link handy.
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Agreed windows did an update and Tim's posted reinstall procedure fixes this problem. Ian
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I had same problem after power suddenly went out during storm, it made CAT.settings files corrupted....I sent file to Tim and he fixed for me (Thanks!) ...sent it back and I just pasted it on my PC....all running very well so far.. Suggestion: Open a Ticket at HelpDesk

Greetings

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Thank you all.  
    I am currently doing AC5AA & KF2E suggestions.
    And KM4CQG I had updated Win10 and it was many days later that it happened; so I'll attribute the problems to the storm that evening.
    I will open a HelpDesk ticket; like George suggested if none of the previous suggestions work.

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Thank you Forum Group and specially to Duane,Jon & Ian.
    George, I did not forget you too, but I figured how to solved the issue and I am back in operations.
    73 from IOTA NA138 Amelia Island were we missed hurricane Hermine by 40 miles. 
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Excellent Ernest

Catch you on bands

73's

George YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.