Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Parts K48 and K49

Mike NN9DD
Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
I have a flex 6500 and am wondering what part K48 and K49 are. Any one got a service manual or schematic Mike N9DFD

Answers

• Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    If it is on the PA board, those are the ANT1 and ANT2 input switching relays respectively.  
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Any common mistakes that might cause them to fail? So I don't do it again? Mike N9DFD
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    In general, failures of the antenna switching relays is usually caused by excessive impulse currents coming in on the antenna ports.  This time of year the likely cause is a lightning event.  We have had some folks transmit into the radio due to a misconfigured coax switch.

Component failure of this part due to a manufacturing defect is mostly  non-existent.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Mike, Tim is 100% correct.  Almost always caused by lightning.  I saw one this week with the back end of the relay blown off.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That's why I haven't gotten to operate much for the past two weeks - too many lightning storms too close.  I don't want to leave anything connected for remote operation when there have been storms come through almost every day for the past two or three weeks, it seems!  One gets to be more protective of the station when the station cost goes up!  
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks all my 6500 is on its way home from ya and wanted to understand what may have caused it. Probably lightening Thanks Mike N9DFD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.