Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

VPN now show Radio on SmartSDR PC

iz7auh
iz7auh Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
Hi,
I need help, I make a VPN with my HP laptop and my Fritz!Box VFN nerver, I use ShrewSoft VPN Client, and VPN connection work finw, Ping my router at home, ping Flexradio IP, but SmartSDR not Show Radio a windows if empty... any solution? there is a tip to force? on SmartSDR iOS not problem, I make on setting app a force to IP of my Flex, but on Widnows version not possible...

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

Hi Frank

One tip I have learned is the local IP subnet on each end cannot be the same. For example, if your home network uses 192.168.1.x then the remote local network cannot be the same.

I have set my home network to use 10.4.0.x so I do not run into problems with any remote networks.

Dave wo2x

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Make sure you have these ports open on any firewalls involved: TCP 4992 UDP 4991 and 4992 73, Bob, K8RC Radio Cincinnati
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Dave my VPN work fine, problem is smartSDR and UDP ports
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Then check your firewall and AV software to see if it is blocking the ports. You may need to make an exception for SmartSDR.
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Dave my VPN server is hardware I using a FritzBox 3490 on miniPc running Shrewsoft VPN client I am not sure that problem is firewall because on Windows 10 I disable firewall
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    The VPN server or client or both may have a firewall that can block ports.
  • iz7auh
    iz7auh Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi, I make rules on fritzbox foe 4991-4992 udp and 4992 tcp to flexradio 6500 disable on minipc windows firewall, but no chance to see on smartsdr app my flex from VPN connection, all other device work fine....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.