Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mike issue on 1500

The mike is not working on the 1500. Mike was tested on a known good 1500 and works fine. The voltage for the Mike bias and the PTT both check good at the back of the connector and at the front of the cable using a breakout cable for testing. Soon now feel that the connector and mike are fine. Using the test capability (control shift P) the Mike and PTT   IO both indicate failure. (Note: I did not have the super duper flex test box, so that may have negated the tests both everything else passed. Radio transmits just fine on digital with input from FLDigi so the radio is all working except the Mike input.  Any thoughts from the community?

Thanks, trying to help my Brother fix his flex that I talked him into buying
Tom  WB8LDW

Comments

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    If the top of the f1500 is hotter than usual, then the audio ic is kaput. It will need changing
  • Tom Stahl
    Tom Stahl Member
    edited December 2016
    no its been on all day and is cool to touch.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    you will be better off sending it to your local flex agent for repairs as its all surface mount components, well most of it anyway
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have changed this post to a problem topic and converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.