Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Behringer CMD Micro DJ Midi Controller for use with Flex 6000

Comments

• Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Ok I got my new knobs on my unit and I love it. They are solid Aluminum and I glued with silicone .looks good works better here is a pictureimage
  • Carl Moreschi
    Carl Moreschi Member
    edited March 2016
    My N4PY Pegasus Plus now has support for this behringer CMD Micro DJ Controller.  My support allows full user programmability so that each knob, slider, and button can be set to whatever you want.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I know we can swap the items which are in the program from one place to another, but can we add and swap new things to the controler. Example if you are not a CW person the CWX 1,2,3 could be replaced with three transmit settings (SSB rag chew, SSB contest. Winmore digital). Just a thought.
  • Carl Moreschi
    Carl Moreschi Member
    edited May 2017
    My N4PY Software allows you to configure the device so any button can do over 60 different functions.  And I am actively supporting this device to add more functions if you need them.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The network health issue continues with the 2.0d version. There is a fix that required setting a network property (UDP Port?) so that the same port that SmartSDR uses is not also used for this app.

In this topic https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/dropped-packets-when-client-connected-from-same-mac...

The relevant comment I think is...

"If you aren't going to use the UDP data, there is no reason to have a UDP listener.  But I would recommend moving the port the radio uses off of the default 4991 using the client udpport command so as not to confuse the SmartSDR packet count."
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    What is the latest software. I canceled my mistroe after getting this. Works great.
  • Carl Moreschi
    Carl Moreschi Member
    edited May 2016
    My N4PY Pegasus Plus fully supports this device and has full user programmability so you can define any button or knob for over 60 different functions.  See www.n4py.com
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited May 2020
    Can some give me a beginner's guide on how to get this working?? Thanks Trevor EI2GLB
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Good morning Trevor:

1. Buy controller (here ore elsewhere ;-)):
    https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-Micro-Compact-2-Deck-Controller/dp/B0042Z3EK2
    2. Download software:
     https://www.dropbox.com/s/am5fx5j8i8qevgo/CMDMicroFlex6k_v2_0d.zip?dl=0
    3. Connect controller to USB port
    4. Start SmartSDR
    5. Start William's software for SmartSDR API
    6. Enjoy!
    7. If you want to: relabel controller (see picture in above link)

73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Trevor-EI2GLB
    Trevor-EI2GLB Member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks Alex I have controller ordered I will report back when I get it, Thanks Trevor EI2GLB
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ok, Trevor, glad to help! 73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I have enjoyed using mine.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    sure wish William would come back and wrap up that android version for my galaxy S-5...

I use my CMD micro nearly every day... works GREAT..

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Dan, I concur fully. William had some problems with audio streaming.
    Hopefully he'll solve that :-)
    I also use my CMD micro, very useful for SSB and CW work...image
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    mine is about 30 degrees off horizontal, on the desk.  I use a tea towel for a dust cover.  it covers my keyboard and paddles too...real high end set-up here, ha!

• W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    wonder if i could plug it into my wifi laptop, and have a budget maestro, kinda ??

• Javier, KC2QII
    Javier, KC2QII Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    You sure can. I have operated remotely from a hotel room with my CMD Micro and Laptop
  • Javier, KC2QII
    Javier, KC2QII Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
  • Giulio
    Giulio Member
    edited July 2016
    Dear William,
    Do you have a list of Dj Midi controllers that we can use and program with your softwares?
    Thanks for your help,
    Giulio
  • Giulio
    Giulio Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Alex,
    btw, is there a list of Controllers that can be programmed by the software of William?
    G. IZ3EAW
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    No, Giulio, you have to look it up in the community. But the CMD micro is the
    controller that works best. I use it regularly. 73, Alex - DH2ID
  • K4MT
    K4MT Member
    edited July 2016
    It works great. I just purchased Williams Behringer and Flex 6300.  The Behringer works super and I use it all the time.  William is a sharp guy
  • Paul - WB5AGF
    Paul - WB5AGF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    (13 Aug 2016; Saturday afternoon)

(This 'thread' is so long that I am getting lost.)

(I received my behringer controller this morning (the Postman left it at the door) and have gotten it to run although some of the controls have my confused.)

Could someone please tell me :

1.) Are there presently four releases for the behringer controller software ?

2.) I tried to find a User Manual for the behringer controller but have not found one .... All I have is the 'Quick Start Guide' that came with the controller.

3.) Where is there documentation that describes the programming language being used ? (Or is it MIDI ?)

- Paul, WB5AGF
      Garland, Texas
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Paul
    Unfortunately there is no manual for use with Flex 6000.  It is probably worth your while to go back to start of thread and see what transpired over time.  William Hemmingsen in what is called Programming IDE which i believe is a visual app language. The source code is still available I think but you will need to find links.  All is in the thread somewhere.
  • Paul - WB5AGF
    Paul - WB5AGF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    (Saturday afternoon; 13 Aug 2016)

Hello Bob;

When I commented that I could not find a User Manual .... I mean just for the Behringer controller itself ... there are some places where comments indicate that there is such a manual but I cannot find it.

I tried to work my way through this (amazingly long) 'thread', and found myself on a Web Page that seemed to be describing a programming environment oriented towards music and 'the arts' but (and perhaps I missed it) nowhere did I see anything that explicitly explained what language William was writing his software in.

( Perhaps I should just be happy that it works and don't ask what makes all the pretty lights blink ? )  [ From the depths of my packrat memory I get fragments of a humorous message in ' pseudo-German ' telling people to keep-their-hands off the equipment but I haven't been able to locate it with a quick Google-search. ]

I got the feeling that a bunch of the guys (who are really into this stuff) have significantly differently backgrounds than do I (I'm a retired EE from the ' hardware world ') and the conversations seem to make ' leaps ' from-one-topic-to-another and I can't see the intervening connections (I assume that there are some ....).

Regards;

- Paul, WB5AGF
      Garland, Texas
  • Bob- W5TX
    Bob- W5TX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Paul
    be sure to select the 'see all 52 comments' then it will show all the traffic.  The language is called 'Processing' and I believe the download zip file has a copy of the source as part of the download.  In earlier comments he describes some possible ways to modify the data file.
  • Paul - WB5AGF
    Paul - WB5AGF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Bob;

I'll look through the 'thread' again.

Thanks for the assistance.

- Paul, WB5AGF
  • Paul - WB5AGF
    Paul - WB5AGF Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    ( ps )    Here's what I was trying to remember

ref > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinkenlights

• Robert - KV4JO
    Robert - KV4JO Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Dear William,

Thank you so much for this application for my recently acquired Flex 6300.  I have a temporary weak power supply so no transmissions right now.  I am using the Behringer CMD and like it so far.  I have just come off of a Flex 1500 with the Hercules Midi Controller using Tobias's software.  I intend to provide comments in about 30 days.
    Thanks again and best of 73,
    Bob, KVJO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.