Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2 meter display frequency is off just a bit

Norm - W7CK
Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I've noticed that all simplex and repeater frequencies are off just a bit.  As an example our 146.94 repeater is actually on 146.942.  Every station or repeater I've come across on 2 meters is off by about the same amount.  They are all just a tad high on my display frequency.  I know I can use RIT but that's not really correcting the problem.

Is there a way to adjust this?  I've gone into Setup and run the "Frequency Offset" application while having it pointed to 15 Mhz but that didn't do anything to adjust the offset for 2 meters.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Maybe, recalibrate using the the repeater's frequency instead of 15 mHz? if your positive the repeaters accurately calibrated.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Are you going by the bar display on the pan, or by tuning the carrier dead center in the slice flag and reading the frequency readout?  Since I only have a 6500 I am not sure how 2 meters reads out on a 6700.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    That didn't work.  I don't think it calibrated off of the repeater.

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I zoom in on the panadapter then center the slice on the carrier and read the frequency readout.   Its really noticeable on SSB.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have added this to our bug tracker for further investigation.
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Do you have a GPSDO?  If I didn't, I would have thought the same when listening to FM, but it is amazing how off everything is.  But FM is pretty tolerant.  We actually now use my 6700 to keep the local repeater systems in alignment.
  • K1FR
    K1FR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I saw the same thing last night; however, right now it seems dead on for 2m FM.  Not sure what changed.  Nothing on purpose on my part.

Am enjoying monitoring the local repeater while at the same time operating 20 CW on another panadapter.  Great stuff!!

73, Tom
    K1FR
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Has there been any progress in this area?   I've been using my 6700 on 2m SSB lately.   There was a group of us on 144.220 USB this morning.  I have to put my VFO on 144.220.300 so that I'm on frequency for everyone else to receive me clearly.  Then I have to use RIT to further adjust my receiver to approximately 144.220.600 in order to receive everyone at my end clearly.  This is also the case on FM

I use my Kenwood, or my Icom radios and they are both spot on frequency.

I've been waiting for well over a year now to get this addressed.  I think I've been pretty patient......
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Does anyone else with a 6700 have this problem?  Maybe there is a way to calibrate the 2m band with the 6700 that I'm not aware of?

Norm
  • John Bailey
    John Bailey Member
    edited August 2016
    I've added 2m to my 6300.  There is a box in the xvtr setup for an offset adjustment.  I used my sig gen to adjust for zero offset.  I know the sig gen is right on.  Simplex stations and repeaters are often off by a 100 Hz or more.

Best, John KB1YFD
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I have the 6700.   I actually have 2M listed under the normal band selection.  If I go into the XVTR tab of the Radio Setup, it has no effect on the 2m band.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Anyone from Flex care to shed some light on this?  I have a 6700 and I'd really like to know how to set the transmit and receive frequency on 2M to a reference frequency.   My display frequency is quite a ways off on both transmit and receive.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.