Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT FSK441 Meteor Scatter Setup Help

Cal  N3CAL
Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Anyone out there using there Flex 6000's for Meteor Scatter on 6m?  I've been seeing alot of signals on the waterfall lately and it caught my attention so I finally decided to try a new mode!  I  downloaded WSJT v10 and have it up and running.  I've been listening on 6m and actually have it decoding pings but I'm unsure of what my proper settings should be?  Here are a few questions :

1.  What should the RX bandwidth be?  (I'm currently set at "5.0k" DIGU)
2.  What should AGC be set at?  (currently set at "Fast")
3.  I cant get PTT/CAT to work?  Seems like VOX is the only way to TX? 
4.  Do I need to set  High and Low Cut for TX.  It seems like my TX signal is too wide?
5.  What power level do most folks run?  Ant here is a M2 3 Element Yagi. 

Anyone out there that could pass along any info it would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe someone would like to try and work me for my first QSO?  

Cal/N3CAL

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Good morning, Cal. Have made many ms contacts with my 6500. It is a blast! 1) DIGU bandwidth 3 kHz, although you could manually narrow it a little more. 2) I run with AGC off on all digital modes. Fast works, but I prefer the faster response time and resistance to pumping using no AGC. 3) PTT works. Set the CAT port in WSJT. VOX is fine, though. 4) No. watch your ALC, though. The FSK441 signal is fairly broadband, as digital modes go. 5) Running 3 elements and up to 500w here. Started with 100 and a dipole. More ERP is better (to a point). Enjoy!!
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for all the info George!  It's very exciting seeing all the various pings on the waterfall!  

73 de Cal/N3CAL
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    George,

Does my TX signal look ok?   Not sure but to me it looks too wide?? 

Cal/N3CAL

• Larry Loen  WO7R
    Larry Loen WO7R Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I had to go to wsjt9 and manually set the sound and ptt ports to get it to work in fsk441
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    You look to be in the ballpark, Cal. Mine is attached for reference. Same scale, but I do run lower power from the Flex since it drives an amplifier. See you on the radio. image

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.