Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Plans for a version to run on Mac OS?

Larry W0NQW
Larry W0NQW Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for iOS
Are there any plans to offer a version to run on the Mac OS?  That would allow my Mac notebook to be another mobile device.  Not being a programmer, but would think it would not take "too much" more.

Larry
W0NQW

Answers

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019

There is already software for the Mac.  DogparkSDR.  Works great. I run it both on my MacBook Pro and my Mini Mac.

• Larry W0NQW
    Larry W0NQW Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I am aware of that software and have used it on my Mac.  However, I prefer an app that is being developed, and hopefully supported, in partnership with FlexRadio.

Larry
    W0NQW
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    There are no near-term plans for FlexRadio Systems to offer an OS X GUI application for the FLEX-6000.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited June 2018
    dogparkSDR was featured prominently in the Flex Booth at the Orlando Hamcation in 2016. Dog Park Software Ltd. is a proud member of the Flex Application Developer Partners program.

73 de VE3VRW Don Agro
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited August 2016
    Rumors have been around for quite some time about Apple programmers integrating native iOS applications within OSX, effectivly merging the two operating systems into one. Who knows if that will ever come to fruition...
  • Larry W0NQW
    Larry W0NQW Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Close, but not quite the same.  But, guess that is why Tim has stated they have no plans in that arena.  
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Understand your point, Larry. But don't let that dissuade you from keeping an eye on DPSDR developments. It is my preferred interface these days.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I have and like Dogpark, in fact I am making a instructional video on Switching power Supply interference  that uses the program. After I get myself settled in with interfacing it to my digital programs I might make a video of that process as well. 
  • Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I use Macs exclusively, and there are two good options.

Anything that Don Agro (DogPark Software) makes is an excellent product, don't let the price scare you. He has excellent service and I have always had a response within hours (or less) if I have a technical question. Both dogparkSDR and MacLogger DX are excellent products to use with the Flex 6000 series. For example Don has recently updated MacLogger DX to track all 4 "VFOs" on the Flex-6500, so if you are jumping between slices and making contacts, the logging software keeps up and always has accurate info for the QSO.

Use Parallels (or something similar) to run a Windows VM on your Mac, then you can run any ham software that requires Windows on your Mac. I actually do this with my MacPro, so I can run windows programs and Mac programs at the same time. An example is Windows 10 VM with SmartSDR, and MacLogger DX in OS X, both connected to the Flex at the same time. :-)

Hope that helps you a bit,

Justin
    KL2D
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I agree on the dog park Software.  Don's software is very good and he gets back to you very quickly when you have questions.  He just helped me yesterday getting FLdigi to work with DogparkSDR and MacLogger.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.