Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DogPark and fldigi

Michael Coslo
Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in Third-Party Software
After purchasing DogPark, I've been wanting to set it up for fldigi. But I had a few questions. From what I can gather, I need to also purchase Maclogger DX, and Soundsiphon as well? Then write some Applescript?

I've asked the question on the  DogPark group - but I fear I might have asked a dumb question. Anyone doing this that can help?

Answers

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I'm not sure how to answer your question, but I really like Dogpark and I would love to be able to use the digital modes using my Mac.  I will be following this thread.  
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited March 2017
    KF2T put together a nice introduction to using dogparkSDR with digital modes on the Mac. It is linked to in the dogparkSDR online manual.

https://dogparksoftware.com/dogparkSDR_Help/Sound%20Siphon%20and%20DPSDR.pdf

73 de VE3VRW Don Agro
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Don, thanks so much for posting this link.  I have FLdigi working but how do we control PTT and rig control?  The original poster mentions Maclogger.
  • Don Agro
    Don Agro Member
    edited March 2017
    MacLoggerDX can control the Flex CAT over LAN as well as PTT and Fldigi (since Version 3.23.08) can follow MacLoggerDX via UDP... 
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Awesome!  I will try this out this afternoon.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have FLdigi audio controls working now and can decode PSK and other signals.  Still working on getting the CAT and PTT to work.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I made two PSK contacts tonight using DogparkSDR and FLdigi.  I still don't have the rig control and PTT working but using Sound Siphon I was able to manually key the radio using Dogpark and make a couple contacts.  Getting closer!

Burch
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    With UDP broadcasts from MacLogger, you can very nicely integrate WSJTX CAT control and logging using JT-Bridge. Works great!
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I tried to install WSJT last night but it keeps giving me a memory error.  I am not familiar with JT-Bridge.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    http://jt-bridge.eller.nu/ For JT Bridge. You'll want to have MacLoggerDX runnng, too. Install WSJTX for Mac, not WSJT. Similar names, very different apps.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Actually, it is WSJTX that I installed.  It installed fine on my new Mac Mini, but everytime I try to launch it I get some type of memory error.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Still struggling with getting the PTT to work.  Does anyone have Fldigi working with Maclogger for PTT and rig control?  I am new to mac so I'm not up on Applescript.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Use VOX for transmitting. For frequency data sharing, in FLDIGI, go to configuration, log, Maclogger. It's buried pretty deep, but works. UDP broadcast must be on in MLDX.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    George

I have downloaded WSJTX and JT-Bridge.  I am receiving OK but how to you get PTT to work with JT-Bridge?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Set up CAT in JTbridge, use DXLabs as radio type in WSJTX. Mind your port values.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    How do I setup cat in JTbridge?  It asks for a port number.  I have no idea what the port number would be.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.