Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DL8MRE iPad App MANUAL is Online

KY6LA_Howard
KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

Marcus DL8MRE has returned from Vacation 

He was diving so it was hard to write code under water.

The App is very close to being released into the Apple iTunes Store -  likely one last "Golden Master" beta release before being submitted to Apple for vetting into iTunes.

So as to give you all something positive to do this holiday and

To wet you appetite for the final version, here is a link to the manual

http://ham-radio-apps.com/radioappmanual

P.S....  He is looking for a name for the APP... albeit a pretty good one is already being vetted by iTunes...

Comments

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    i-Flex
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Need to see if Apple will approve that name
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    He had also a APP     iCluster    - we will see
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I gave Marcus the following name possibilities: 

VoyagerSDR
                    SDR Voyager
                    iVoyager
                    iVoyager SDR
                    SDR-2-GO
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I like I-Flex. If both apple and FRS approve. Or..... TravelSDR PocketSDR Marco-Polo. (;p)
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I have to admit, if I-Flex doesn't break a trademark or anything, I like it better than my suggestions.

• Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Howard, I don't see a selection for CWX in the menus.  What provision is there in the app for operating CW?
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I think that this app looks amazing and I will buy it the moment that it is available!!
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Hi Rick.  Once connected, look at the bottom.  You'll have a new icon representing the 6000 you are operating from.  Touch that icon.  In the next screen, you'll see an item listed called CW Macros.  Touch that item.  You'll see your CWX macros listed there.  You can view and maintain your macros from that screen.

When you are on the Panadapter and have selected the CW mode, you get a listing at the top of the Panadapter for CWX.  If you touch that item, you get 4 function CWX macro keys listed.  Touching any one of them causes that macro to execute.
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited July 2016
    me to
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

iTunes Connect

Dear Marcus Roskosch,

The status for the following app has changed to In Review.

App Name: SmartSDR™ - Official FlexRadio Systems® iOS Client for FLEX-6000 Software Define Radios (SDRs)

App Version Number: 1.0.1

App SKU: RadioAppID

App Apple ID:1089157289

If you have any questions regarding your app,

Regards,

The App Store team

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Its getting MUCH CLOSER to being available...
    Best Guess 1-2 weeks
  • AE0MW
    AE0MW Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    "SmartSDRTM - Official FlexRadio Systems® iOS Client for FLEX-6000 Software Define Radios"

Official client? This implies blessed by FRS. Awesome!

I don't know what it is going to cost yet, but assuming it's remotely reasonable it's an instant buy for me just based on reading his manual.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ditto!
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I haven't been able to do much testing for the past few weeks.  Every time I think I will have time for testing, there are too many thunderstorms nearby to leave my rig connected while I am away.  I haven't operated much from home either.

But the last run-through I made was very smooth!  Everything I tried seemed to work nicely.  It is going to be a wonderful app.  Marcus has done an excellent job.

With the VPN connection I have now, the only reason I ever use Parallels Access any more is to start my PSTRotator program if I forgot to do it when I connected my station to prepare for remote operation.

Ken - NM9P
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016

Been off the air for some time now.....but to be honest....this app with the 6300 and an iPad Pro 12.9 may just pull me back in. :)

Greg

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    If and when Apple approved it there will be an official release with pricing.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I just made a Q via iPhone. 4G. Good report. So in spite of having an iPad Pro. The iPhone version works good enough for casual DX.
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Howard: How did you do that? Do you have a beta version?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I am one of the Alpha testers. Been using it for months. Excellent App. Really works well on iOS platform
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Will this app work on an iPhone or only an iPad?  I have an iPad but it's probably too old to work well.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

It works fine on my iPhone 6 Plus. I use a Plantronics Bluetooth earpiece.

Dave wo2x

• John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    The docs say it needs iPad 3 or newer.  Find the model number on the back and compare to this list to determine which one you have.  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201471

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.