Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Special Event Station Success via Remote Maestro

Jay -- N0FB
Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
This weekend, my 6300 was the main Phone station for the National World War One Museum and Memorial in Kansas City, MO.  This museum contains the largest collection of WW1 artifacts in the world.  The special event station's call was WW1USA.  You can read about the special event on the website:  http://ww1usa.org 

My 6300 was remote via a SoftEther bridge.  Everything worked well except the Waterfall display never functioned.  Still having issues with that part.  

We were able to make over 400 contacts between Saturday and Sunday through VERY challenging band conditions.   I'm sure that this number was due to the 6300's superior ears.

I'm very pleased with the operation of the radio via the Maestro.   The radio was used by multiple operators over the 2 day period, and I never had to sit and train any of them.  That speaks volumes to the great engineering and design of the unit to make its use almost totally intuitive.   Congratulations to the Flex Radio Team for a great ecosystem.  It made challenging environment easy to operate from.

Comments

• Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Im in the logs.  It sounded great
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I am the one who spoke with you.  Your 6700 sounded great.  One of the strongest signals all day.   I was using a Heil Pro Set 7.  The antenna system was a Butternut HF9V with 30+ ground radials.  Thanks for the contact today!image
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I was one of your contacts.  I didn't realize you were using a Flex.  You sounded great.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    This is a great testament to the superiority of the FlexRadio 6x00 design and engineering. Well done and thanks for sharing. Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Well done! 

The WWI Museum is on my list for next KC stop.  Last work stop wasn't long enough to allow for it.

Your operation with a number of operators having fun, making lots of QSOs in tough conditions and showing off the neat technology sure is a report of success!

Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.