Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Side Tone Audio

mlstutler
mlstutler Member ✭✭
My Maestro CW side tone is distorted.  I have tired every level control that I can find to adjust and eliminate the distortion but it is still there.   SSB audio is fine.   Side tone is fine if I use the 6300 key but on the Maestro key it is distorted.   Any ideas?

Answers

• Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I believe Flex is aware of the issue and it is on the to do list.
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/maestro-sidetone
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    On my unit if you set the sidetone to 1000 Hz, the "distortion" disappears! This does need to be fixed.
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

At 1000 Hz, the harmonic content is likely reduced to the point where it's not painful like it is at lower pitch settings.  And few, if any operators will use a CW pitch that high in frequency. 

After using Maestro for two months, this issue has been my chief complaint, closely followed by the dirty/fuzzy receive audio from the Opus CODEC which, is apparently not adapting to link quality.  This issue is not limited to Maestro, it can be heard when using SSDR in remote mode as well as the K6TU iPad app.  So, it's not hardware-specific. I want to be clear on this point:  it's subtle but it's definitely there. See:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/remote-audio-codec

Paul, W9AC

• Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I'm about half-deaf, but the quality of the sidetone at 650hz seems better with 1.8, but iy's still annoyingly high when I change bands or select one of the profiles I use with SSDR. In SSDR I run at a level around 20, but it needs to be down around 6 or 7 with the Maestro.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    It is in the bug tracker.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hey Tim

A datapoint on the CW sidetone. Setting SSDR to same sidetone offset as Maestro, disconnect / reconnect SSDR and Maestro once or twice to 'sync' then it seems the sidetone is much improved. Using a 505 Hz offset and it's' "not bad". It appears the sidetone tone from Flex and internal sidetone from Maestro are being mixed together on the audio channel.

Best,

The Other...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.