Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Issue with Maestro v1.8 (Part II)

Cal  N3CAL
Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro

A big thanks to Flex for their top notch customer support!  My help desk ticket for my DOU (Dead on Upgrade) Maestro now shows solved.  After a week at Flex my Maestro is on it's way back to me. I should have it tomorrow.  My ticket does not explain what if anything was done to my Maestro and what version of software they loaded it with??  I'll assume it has been fixed but I need to know if I need to revert my 6500 back to SSDR v1.7 or stay at v1.8??  What's the path forward from here?  Some advise would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks again.   (This is a new post because the previous "Issue with Maestro v1.8" has been closed for further comments) 

Cal/N3CAL 

Answers

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Lucky you Cal!

So you do not have any idea what they did to fix it?  

My Maestro has been gone for a week-and-a-half now (and it was over a week from when I had the problem that it was picked up!).  I have no idea where it is or what is being done to it!  

My retailer in the UK (who collected it from me) is also none the wiser!  

As far as I am aware it is still sitting with them in the UK and has yet to be sent to Germany - they were awaiting contact from FRS German distributor the last time I heard anything!

I updated my ticket to that effect but have yet to receive any reply!

I would just like to have some idea if I will be waiting days or weeks or even months until I get it back!

David G4NRT
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

David I have no idea what Flex did?    Hopefully Flex can provide a little insight on what's next?

Cal/N3CAL

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020

Hi Cal,

Once you power up the Maestro it should show the latest version software on top of the list on the Maestro. If it is an older version than loaded in your radio it will prompt you to downgrade the radio (software for the radio is already loaded on the Maestro). If you did not uninstall the older version from your PC you can just launch that.

let us know if you have any questions. There are plently of people lurking here that can help.

Dave wo2x

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I received my e-mail last night.  It was much the same as your's "Flashed Processor W".  There was not any more information provided.  If they ship today, UPS has 2 day standard ground service between Texas and Kansas City.  I should have it Friday.   This will then be a 2 week excursion without my Maestro (The horror!).  :-)
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Tim!  That's what I needed to know.   I will stay at v1.8.3

Cal/N3CAL

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Two weeks without Maestro must be like a day without sunshine....
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    My xyl K4SMN has her huge Ipad Pro....I have my Maestro....not too much differential in pricing.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You are not wrong!!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    David - we are working on getting your Maestro to Germany for the fix.  Sorry for the delay.
  • Peter
    Peter Member
    edited July 2016
    HI Cal,
     Should you knot have waited until it's back in you arms and working to your liking before you sing the praises, not that it's not fixed properly ?

Peter

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016

@ Peter,  there was no need to wait to praise Flex on their customer support!  They did a great job getting my Maestro back to them for a fix.  They paid for shipping both ways!   I'm confident it will be back to normal once it arrives tomorrow.   They deserve the praise. 

Cal/N3CAL

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Here, here!!  Flex Radio customer support has been nothing except exemplary.  They are the rule that other companies will be measured by.
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    My Maestro has returned!  It's back in the shack, up, and running V 1.8.3!   It powered up first time and connected directly to my 5Ghz WiFi network so it looks like it retained my password.  Thanks again to Flex for the great customer support!   I'm taking advantage of the current 6m openings... QRZ de N3CAL.......73

Cal/N3CAL
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you for including those of us who, after far too long, are finally going to escape the EU!  

It will take us two years to leave but I am hopeful that my Maestro will return before that happens!

David G4NRT
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Of course there will be a special Brexit Tarrif on units returning to the UK (2 pints of bitters)
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    As long as you understand that we drink it at room temperature!  None of this foreign chilled **** rubbish here you know!!!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I lived in London for a year so I got used to drinking WARM ****. I always figured it was warm because English Publicans were too cheap to pay for refrigeration so they convinced the public that warm **** was drinkable. Before we get too far in the debate, American **** is the worst mainly because it is targeted to housewives who pick up **** at the supermarket as part of their regular shopping. At least UK warm **** is targeted to guys who drink ****.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Nothing, however, beats a frosty cold Euro Heineken! The stuff imported to the states has too many things added that distort its highly drinkable state.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    One benefit of driving to Friedrichshafen as I did, was that I was able to bring some cloudy German Weizenbier back with me and I just happen to be sipping one right now. A steal at Eur4,00 for a six pack!! German **** is allowed only four ingredients and no chemicals or preservatives!!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

@Walt.. agreed the Imported ones have too many shipping additives which **** the taste.

@David.. We are back in France at the end of August... Our local grocery has great steals on Belgian, German and Czech beers (all better than USA ****) as those countries are still in the EU.  BTW.. loved the very civilized been garden in Friedrichshafen 

Is it so much more fun to talk about **** than to kvetch about Flex

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    As the Germans would say... Genau!
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    I once did a software project for Electrabel (90% electricity supplier for Belgium) and my host there said that the USA uses 2x the electricity per-capita compared to Belgium.  I said "How's that possible?"  He said "It's all the ice you guys use."  This was shortly after I was served a Coke with no ice in a restaurant. 
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    @Howard, all tolled I spent about 6 weeks in Rotterdam as technology lead to a joint Nedlloyd Softbridge futures trading system. The application lead and I did have the occasion to take the train to Amsterdam and tour, which is to say drink, at the original Heineken brewery. That is an awesome drink. They simply don't know how to make **** over here.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

@Steve

Try asking for Ice in a drink anywhere in Europe.. Impossible and they look at you very funny..  if you finally get ice (glaçons in French).. they bring it in a bowl with only 2 or 3 ice cubes...

@Walt

Drank at that brewery.. also Guinness Brewery in Dublin is best part about working in Ireland and don't forget Pilsen Urquell **** in Pilzen Czech Republic...or the dozen or so great breweries in Munich.... 

OT...maybe we should start a topic on the community about where to get the best ****... now that would be really controversial and even the trolls for once might have something positive to contribute

Or even better.. How about Breweries on the Air Contest - to see how many breweries you can operate from - (I can start it off with Karl Strauss Brewery tomorrow lunch in San Diego)   I bet Flex would love to sponsor the trophy

• Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Don't forget Brussels...  I lived two blocks from the Augustiner brewery in Munich and my toupee spun when I realized how good the **** in Belgium was. Not to say the **** in Munich wasn't excellent, just that the variety of **** in Belgium was greater than than what I was used to.

• Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Or was it the Paulaner brewery?  I'll have to ask the XYL when she gets home. East side of Munich, south of Orleansstrasse & Rosenheimer.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    @Howard Oh, I don't think their do much drinking. You heard Steve, in Belgum (on someone else's dime) and he drank Coke? I mean, what's with that???

Next trip to EU, we'll do Dublin, Scotland, more UK, more France, Rotterdam, Munich, and Switzerland. 3 weeks should do it. If you're around, you buy.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

Agreed... Coke in Belgium... has to be against one of the many EU laws..that the UK is escaping... maybe the EU threatened to have the refrigerate their **** which caused the Brexit...

3 Weeks... Each country is worth at least a month on their own except Switzerland which is twice as expensive as the EU...

As you know we are always in France in June, Sept and Dec.   Friedrichshafen 2017 is in July 17th - terrible time to be in EU as everyone is on holidays.- Hopefully they will move back to June in 2018...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.