Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

hear others quite will but can't make any contact digitally or with phone. what's wrong?

James Madden
James Madden Member
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
on 20 meters or any other frequency i can hear lots of people but when i try to make contact they never respond. is there some kind of problem with my transmission?
thanks
Jim

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Wattmeter reading okay? If there's propagation to Las Vegas from your end, I'm happy to meet you on the air..

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Have you listened to your signal to see if it sounds OK?
  • Mike NN9DD
    Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Make sure you are on the transmit slice indicated by the red Tx Make sure your mic setting is set right. Balmifmusing balanced and Mic if using front Done there a few times each Mike N9DFD I
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    It's the life of a killer receiver. People always refer to those with amps and big antennas on deaf radios as an alligator. I have coined a new term to describe my situation with a 6700 on a wire antenna: "Dumbo - All ears, no mouth."
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    an easier way to test is to use JT65A, , call CQ and then check PSK Reporter.  It will map who heard your CQ. https://pskreporter.info/pskmap
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks everyone so much. Ill try these suggestions. Jim
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Maybe sunday after 2pm? What frequency? Thanks Jim
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Whats the best way to listen to the signal? Do i need another receiver? Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.