Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Latest HRD 6.3.0.555 mode change from spots broken again

David Decoons, wo2x
David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software

Can someone else confirm? Running latest HRD version 6.3.0.555 and when clicking on CW spot in HRD Logbook cluster it does not switch the radio to CW. USB, LSB, and AM work fine, but no joy switching to CW.

Dave wo2x

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Dave, is that subscription? And, did you call/email it in?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020

Yes, I have a subscription and just opened a ticket with HRD. This has been going on for a while. ^.1 to 6.2 changed syntax, now 6.3.0.477 to 6.3.0.555 changed again. Clicking on CW spots is broken for mode changes

I did not open a ticket with Flex as this is clearly an HRD issue.

Dave

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020

Walt,

I found 6.3.0.472 and installed it. Now mode change from LSB/USB to CW works when clicking on a DX spot. This is confirmed with DDUtil 6.2 HRD server running.

6.3.0.555 does not switch to CW. Again, this has been an ongoing problem where the HRD programmers keep changing the syntax. I set up either HRD main program or DDUtil on the main PC and HRD Logbook on a laptop then use Wireshark to capture the packets going back and forth.

I am tempted to dump HRD logbook/DM780 for other softwarebut I am so used to using it.

Let's see how long it takes for an HRD support rep to get back to me. Last time it took 3 weeks and they told me it was "working as designed" even though I sent traces showing it had indeed changed.

Dave

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Hi Dave,

I'm running 6.3.0.554  (didn't know there was a .555)  and it's working fine.  I've been using it all weekend chasing CW 13 Colonies.  I guess I'll hold off on .555 for now. I only run DDUTIL and HRD Logbook on my system.  I don't usually run DM780.

73 de Cal/N3CAL
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I have found this to be quite inconsistent recently but I did notice that sometimes the mode reflected in HRD Logbook seemed to match the setting in the second slice of my flex and not the first one (although the frequency was from the first slice). This doesn't always seem to be the case but that may suggest it is more of a DDUtil issue?
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited June 2020
    Come to the dark side, Dave. Log4OM + FLDigi any day compared to HRD. 
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I would be tempted, if fldigi would support winkeyer. Sadly they have a separate winkeyer program, but seem to be unable to integrate it into fldigi.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    My workflow for CW is: 1. look up CW or other modes on HRDLog DX spots 2. Decide which stn to call 3. Click on dedicated profile in FRStack My profiles are especially adapted to winkeyer or other digital modes. This way I can rapidly change modes, as DM780 and WSJT-X are able to run side-by-side if you start WSJT-X first. I deliberately clicked off mode change in HRDLog. 73, Alex DH2ID
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I just find DM780 easier to use, especially the decode buffer that will decode the last few seconds of any signal that you click on rather than having to wait for them to transmit again. I also find HRD logbook looks 'neater' than Log4OM although I haven't tried it for a while. I also use N1MM+ and am pretty much stuck with FLDigi on that until they integrate with DM780.
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited July 2016
    Alex, I'm almost positive that Log4OM supports winkeyer if that makes a difference. 
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited July 2016
    Phil, to each his own. I always seemed to have issues with HRD. It was buggy, and they were pushing updates daily (which to me raises up the concern of spaghetti code software). The logbook would crash on me frequently. And, it's $99/yr. 

I would agree that the decode buffer is a feature that I have missed since transitioning to FLDigi. The logbook layout in Log4OM is really nice IMHO nowadays. 
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited July 2016
    My problem with Log4OM is the inability to change the cluster don't. Too **** small for my tired eyes! Dave
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    DXLab is a fantastic alternative. I use to be an HRD subscriber but I had constant issues and their support only seemed to blame me when I asked for help. DXLab has much better support and much better functionality. Unfortunately the user interface looks a little dated.

Jon...kf2e
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited July 2016
    Now that I can't do anything about, Dave!
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited July 2016
    Jon I loaded DX Labs but am finding the different modules are not getting frequency info from Commander. I can control the radio from Commander but QSY option in Spot Collector is greeted out. I tried with Windows firewall disabled and also disabled real time protection in McAffee AV. This in on Windows 10 x64. Any idea? I am looking for alternatives to HRD. As you know their customer service stinks. Dave wo2x
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited July 2016
    I do like Log4OM. Can't wait to see what version 2 brings. Resizable fonts is supposed to be one thing. I hope they get rid of OmniRig and allow control of the 6700 through IP.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    If you control click on a spot in spot collector it should change the radio frequency. It also will turn my antenna. I'm not at my computer at the moment but I am also running Windows 10 x64 so that is okay.

You should join the Yahoo forum for DXLab. Dave, the author answers most questions within a couple of hours and will help you until it is working as you expect.

Jon...kf2e
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I use Commcat - they have a free demo and it is a logging program - not a big 'do everything' deal.  It does NOT use IP - needs the smartcat to operate.  But I like it.
    Hope maybe someday they will do IP - I like that in writelog for contesting.

Good luck !    Lots of programs out there.

Cheers.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited July 2016
    Thanks. Will join later. Tried to join last night but forgot my Yahoo password. :-/ I do like N1MM+ for contests but looking for a day to day solution. Log4OM has some great features but also has a few shortcomings. I do like the simplicity of DM780 and ability to right click decoded test and add to log very easily. Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.