Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Issues with VOX and pre-recorded CQ

Norm - W7CK
Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
edited December 2016 in Third-Party Software
Latest v1.8 software, Maestro and 6700.  For some reason, I've been having trouble playing pre-recorded CQ voice and transmitting it via VOX.  It just won't key up the transmitter.  I did a factory reset, and I believe it worked for a short time but now, it will play the pre-recorded voice message but won't key up the transmitter.

Is there an easier way to play the pre-recorded messages over the air with VOX than having to jump between 2 different menus and not being able to see the actual transmitted signal on the Panadapter?   I have to go to one menu and select VOX, then I have to go to another menu to play the recorded message (CQ).  While its playing, I can't see the panadapter.

Am I doing this all wrong?

Norm

Comments

• SP5LMT
    SP5LMT Member
    edited July 2016
    CQ Voice does not work correctly in version 1.8.3Early enough to enable the DAX & VOX (This turned off the microphone).
    In version 1.8.3 the microphone is working all the time. If we want to transmit recorded SSB CQ, very disturbing.
  • SP5LMT
    SP5LMT Member
    edited July 2016
    (Update #3505)Ability to Use DAX and Mic Input at the Same Time: SmartSDR has been enhanced to allow for a mic input to be used when DAX is the primary audio input. This will facilitate the use of a DAX connected voice keyer and allow the use of a mic when DAX is not actively streaming.

Amendment which can not be switched off and bother if you use a CQ SSB Quick Playback

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.