Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro newbee question? Turning off?

Mike  W1BFA in Maine
Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
After a couple of days I have become adept at turning the Maestro on, but powering it down escapes me.  I can't seem to find the description of this in the docs..  I accomplish it but it usually takes me randomly pushing and holding or something.  Experts please?   Oh, another comment on starting up the Maestro..  I took it out by the pool yesterday with a nice pale ale and fired it up..  buttons lit etc. but the display was blank?  I couldn't figure out what was happening so I took off my polarized sunglasses to examine the problem more closely and Viola!  the problem was fixed.  Should be a caution in the manual..   Do not operate while wearing polarized lens.  I was glad it wasn't the **** that was the problem..   Mike

Answers

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Press and hold down the ON/OFF button on the top left edge of the Maestro for about 5 seconds.  You will then get a screen that says "Slide to shut down your PC" with an arrow pointing down.  Slide it down with your finger and it will turn off.  If you slide up or wait for a few seconds, it will come back to the normal operating scree.

Norm
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    How to shut down the Maestro is also in the manual. Pretty neat when they publish a manual that you can download and read.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    That's true Jd.   The problem is there are a lot of people that are just like me and only resort to a manual when all else fails.  Besides, its much more fun to get on here and ask questions! LOL.....
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    That is incorrect.

You press and release the power button to power down.

You press and hold for 5-6 seconds to power up
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    You press and release the power button to power down.
    You press and hold for 5-6 seconds to power up.
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    edited June 2020
    I thought I had searched the manual pretty thoroughly....  thanks a bunch guys.  I just went through a couple of cycles and I have it.  It does seem the switch on mine reacts better when you put a little more pressure toward the rear.  This thing is a hoot..   Mike
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    edited December 2016
    Which page?  I just looked through again?  Mike
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    This works in my Maestro.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Mike 
    You push the button, the pushing technique is left up to you. The use of hammers, is also optional, but Flexradio will probably not reimburse you for any damage done to the hammer, or your resale value.image

73, Jay - NO5J  
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    That is interesting Tim, I have not quite found the 'sweet-spot' for powering down my Maestro, If I don't press the button for long enough, nothing happens, too long and I get the 'slide to shut down your PC' message. Occasionally I get it right and the Maestro powers down without the message.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    A quick firm press turns mine off. It just doesn't alert you in the screen right away, just press firmly and release in less than a second and then wait.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

A quick press on the right side of the button is supposed to turn it off.

A long press will get the slide to shut message.

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Wow, I've been doing it wrong by pressing down for 5 seconds and waiting for the slide message.  I should have known though because I accidentally tapped the button when I was resting my hand on the top and working thru the menu one day and it immediately turned off.  Good to know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.