Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 missing random dits.

2»

Comments

• Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Steve, the sidetone completely drops out. When going by ear, you would think you missed a dit. It drives me nuts. Happens on both my paddle and my straight key.  Seems to be much more frequent on the paddle than on the straight key. I can't send but maybe 10-13wpm, so its not a speed thing.
  • K7FU
    K7FU Member
    edited January 2017
    As a cw operator this problem has relegated the 6300 to qrt. It may well be the end of this radio for me as a cw op if it does not get fixed soon. I may have to load the old software and just go with that, but I am hopeful that flex will fix this problem soon. If not it will be sold.
  • KD8K
    KD8K Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Same here, I have not been able to use the 6300 on CW for a while now due to this issue. It does appear like this issue is going to be fixed in the next major release rather then a bug fix. The lack of speed in resolving this issue is a bit disappointing.
  • K7FU
    K7FU Member
    edited May 2016
    Totally agree with your view of the response about this issue.

• K7FU
    K7FU Member
    edited January 2017
    I had to switch back to Ver. 1.5. to stop the problem. Sure wish flex would fix this bug. CW is still a very valid mode and by not fixing it you are relegating your radio to the dust bin.

Ray
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    If you are saying you are gonna toss your 6300 into the dust bin, I will give you $100 for it instead and will pay for shipping. My email is current on qrz. If you weren't serious please disregard.
  • K7FU
    K7FU Member
    edited May 2016
    Well as you know I was just venting. I just wish that Flex took cw a little more seriously, and when something does not work properly they fix it in a timely manner. This has been going on since the release of 6.1 and they have kinda sorta acknowledged that it is a problem. The trouble is if your a cw operator the rig has become unusable with the latest firmware. Having to roll back to a previous version would not have been a big deal, but 6.1 with all the new DAX stuff has made reverting back problematic for many. A patch to fix the problem would be nice. So I downgraded my software and can now use the flex, and I do like the radio. I will keep you in mind if I do throw it out however. :-)

Ray
  • K7FU
    K7FU Member
    edited January 2017
    I have not seen anywhere in 1.7 that it addresses the cw side-tone issue. Has this been looked into and if so when will a fix be implemented? I don't want to waste time installing it to find out it does not help.

• Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    It is not fixed in 1.7, I commented on it in the Release Notes ticket and was told by Gerald that it will be fixed soon.  Then the thread was closed.  So it is not fixed in this release either.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I confirm that this will be fixed soon.
  • K7FU
    K7FU Member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the reply Gerald. CW is pretty important to many of your users. If you toss us to the side then you will be missing an important market segment and that would not bode well for my longevity as a flex owner, and probably many others out there. While the 6500 and the 6700 series does not seem to suffer from this problem, it should not deter you from a solution for the 6300.

Ray
  • K7FU
    K7FU Member
    edited April 2019
    It is now June and this problem has not been corrected. Is there a time frame for the fix? This has been going on for (4) months now.
  • Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I know I am not official. I will say it is being worked on. I have talked with people at flex and it is actively being fixed.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The fix is in alpha test now.
  • K7FU
    K7FU Member
    edited January 2017
    Now the cw issue is fixed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.