Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

winmor tcp/ip port number and flex

James Madden
James Madden Member
edited May 2018 in Third-Party Software
trying to configure winmor so I can use RMS Express. an error message pops up saying the port number is in use and can't be used. what port number do I use

Answers

• John - AF3K
    John - AF3K Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hi James, Here is my setup - see below. Using 6500 w SmartSDR. Hope that helps! John AF3K imageimageimageimage
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The port number that RMS express refers to if probably the WInmor Virtual TNC command port and has nothing to do with Flex.  See WInmor winlink setup>Winmor TNC setup.. Mine defaults to 8500. I would suggest closing and restarting the PC and RMS espress.. If that does not resolve the  issue you can choose a different port number ( 8550 ?? ) and restart RMS express.

RMS Express does uses  CAT/DAX ports to connect to SSDR not tcp/ip ports.

AL, K0VM
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    sorry stoill no joy. and it appears you aren't using the latest software.
    please see the 2 attachments.image
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    I searched for winmor winlink setuo and nothiing related to setuo came back. What lonk are you referring to?
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    regardless of what port number I choose I get an error saying that perhaps the ports are in use.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.