Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

remote internet

Rob Blackie
Rob Blackie Member

I have setup remote lan ok, but CAN you do remote internet with this rig and software??

I want to take my tablet away but use my 6300 remotely .. is this possible ?

cheers rob

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Bob If I understand your question correctly, you can, but you need a VPN to run on your tablet. Many use Softether and how to do it is described in the community. I gather you want to run Stu's K6TU software on your tablet? Or, something similar. Mike va3mw
  • Rob Blackie
    Rob Blackie Member
    edited July 2016

hi, thanks for the reply Mike

just smartSDR, I use it now, but of course, cant go far from the house.

you get what I mean ?

rob

ps its a windows surface pro, full windows 10 OS

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016

Teamviewer is a good program to get your feet wet on remoting. Once you get "spoiled" move up to a VPN like Softether.

Jim, K6QE

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    WAN/Internet remote is not built into SSDR yet. It is a feature they are working on.

While we wait for the native SSDR WAN there around other possibilities. You can find articles of how people have done the remote by setting up a VPN into their network using SoftEther, OpenVPN, or similar. There are also ways of using tools like RDP, TeamViewer, etc. Another option but not full featured (no panadapter just basic RX and TX) are programs like RCForb which also has an Android client or PocketRxTx which is free Android client and has a Java server.
  • Rob Blackie
    Rob Blackie Member
    edited July 2016
    thanks Salvador :)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If you want to run SSDR on your surface pro, there are several options. 1). Install SoftEther on a computer in your shack and use it to provide VPN service so you can access your rig from your surface Pro... Or 2) use a Remote Desktop program such as teamviewer, Parallels Access, or others, to remotely run a session of SSDR on your shack computer from your laptop or tablet....or 3) if you don't want to have a computer running in your shack AND also running your surface pro, you can get a router that has VPN capabilities and it will let you gateway into your network. My ASUS router lets me use a simple PPTP VPN service, or it will run OpenVPN (which is more secure, but will not work with iPad or iPhone systems.). Then you can run SSDR on your surface pro without any other computer running in the shack. As others have stated, there are many threads on how to set up various methods. I posted a while back about how I got VPN running on my ASUS router. (I am on my iPad right now, so I can't easily search for the link right now. Search for ASUS VPN and you might find it.) It takes a little bit of tweaking, but it is worth the effort! Good luck. Ken - NM9P
  • Rob Blackie
    Rob Blackie Member
    edited June 2020

Hi Ken, thanks for all that advise. I will definitely try some of that.

cheers Rob 2M0LDT :)

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Here is one of many threads. It is lengthy and wanders a bit, but in the last post I describe how I solved a connection problem with my Motorola att uverse modem as I bridged it to my ASUS VPN router and finally got it going with openVPN. https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/openvpn-with-asus-rt-n66u-router?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all&topic-reply-list[settings][reply_id]=16412342#reply_16412342 There is lots of other good info in the thread as well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.