Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fldigi not showing flex 6700 frequency

James Madden
James Madden Member
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
even though i fhange the frequency on my 6700, fldigi does not show thos frequency. The waterfall shows the signal and im able to receive digital conversations, but when impress cq, for example the cq text is shown in fldigi but the 6700 does not transmit and so i cant have any conversations. Help. Jim

Answers

• Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Is your DAX configured and switched on? I had the same thing happen a while back and found that DAX and CAT need to be properly configured and switched on.

Jerry - W2TXB
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I have the same problem occasionally.  I've found that on occasion it helps to reload the Rig Description File which [sometimes] causes the Flex and FLDigi to sync up and indicate proper frequency, other times it doesn't help at all.  Quite frustrating at times.  I'd like to find a solid solution to this.  Going back to an external sound card interface has crossed my mind.   
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Sounds like CAT is not configured properly. There are extensive installation notes available (search the Community) and Tim's (W4TME) excellent Flex-specific config files for your operating pleasure.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Jim - I wanted to add, there are a few good video's on youtube about setting up FLDigi, and Flex DAX and CAT.  I've followed those instructions to the letter and most times everything works, but on occasion I still have frequency un-sync issues.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

http://www.w1hkj.com/xmlarchives.html

The above URL will get you the correct slice A cat program written by Tim.

• James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Sadly the videos are of older versions of smartsdr and fldigi Jim
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks very much. I'll look at this. I only hope there is information about current versions and not old versions which is what i have found. Jim
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    James and all,

The current (for SSDR version 1.6 and later) Fldigi xml files are here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/xmls/flex/

Tim posted the new files to Sourceforge in January 2016, but the http://www.w1hkj.com/xmlarchives.html page has not been updated since August 2015.

73, Bob, N7ZO
  • Carl N8VZ
    Carl N8VZ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Are you using the Fldigi companion program Flrig? I find it does much better rig control than hamlib or other options. 73 de Carl N8VZ
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks, im not. Ill hive it a try
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    loaded flrig but flex transceivers are not included. How do you set it up?
    jim
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Found a reference to ts2000 which works. Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.