Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro WAN Progress

ka7gzr
ka7gzr Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in Maestro

Mr./Ms. Flex,

Any progress to report on WAN development for the Maestro?

Jim

ka7gzr

Answers

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    If there any they would have been posted by now!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    WAN development is slated for SmartSDR v2.0.  We are currently working on 1.8.
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

Thanks Tim. Just checking.

Is a 1.9 planned before a 2.0?

• Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    When I was a teacher we had an applicant to teach A+ certification, he said he was "working on getting his certification", I told him I was "working on becoming a quarterback for the Patriots."  "Working on it" means little.  I am not trying to pin you down, but how about a year 2.0 would be available,  2018?
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

"No Soup for you Burt!"   You don't get WAN for asking "are we there yet?" too many times!

But the rest of us will get native WAN with v. 2.0 when it is ready.

Realistically it will be ready when it is ready, with FRS not owing anyone a date - that is unless they want to throw one out.  And realistically you too will be able to get version 2.0 with WAN at that time.

I think we can all agree that it is really pretty awesome to have radios that we know major features are in the works!  We also can agree that anticipation plays to differing tastes.

Steve K9ZW

• KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Until you get your certification you are in fact working on it. Just like studying for a test, you're working on it until you have completed it. Some things we can give a hard time and date on and some we can't.

Sadly WAN has been promised since last year and looks to have been bumped down the road a few times. Many people bought the Maestro because of promised remote capability, including me. Knowing that 2.0 will cost me adds another $200.00 to the cost of something I believed would get sooner than later.

Having second thoughts about buying the Maestro now, not about owning one, just about owning one sooner than later. 

Just thinking out loud, haven't decided yet.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    WAN has never been bumped down the list, it has been on target for a long time. They said when It will be out a long time ago. V2.0 has been the time for a long time.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Probably.  TBD.
  • Jim Best
    Jim Best Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Thanks Steve. Someone had to say it..73
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, Tim  - that's all I needed to know, Was hoping for a few more features for the radio as it sits on (under) my desk before the big 'remote control' thing.

But that's just me. Really like the radio.

Cheers
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Other than major new versions like 2.0, we do not plan ahead for point releases.  We are working on 1.8 and when that is done, we'll decide if a 1.9 is needed.  So this is why I cannot make any definitive forward-looking statements on new software beyond what we are actively working on.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    I watched a video where Gerald said next year, and that was a video from last year but anyway at this point it doesn't matter, I didn't save the link and who knows maybe I heard wrong. We're told 2.0 and thats that.. We'll see how it plays out.
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Cool - I know what programming is and happy to wait it out.  Having a ball with the 6500.

Cheers again !
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    OMG! Why don't we just say 2020. We'll see it on or before 2020, unless it gets delayed.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    You are right Steve, I can sell out, the thought has crossed my mind. I knew when I bought all the features were not there what fooled me is I didn't think Maestro would stop development of 2.0 I don't think it is asking too much to narrow it down to a year when 2.0 is expected.
    Maybe I can buy this and come back in a few years when 2.0 is available and save $200?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaWmFoLp9Bc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.