Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Looking for "Open API" and "Waveform API" documentaion

IW7DMH, Enzo
IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR API
Hello,

I am looking for some documentation about Waweform API and Open API implemented in Flex 6000 series. I don't need in-depth documents, but I would like some documents where "pro and cons" of the Flex technology are highlighted.
I would like to know if the Pacificon 2014 presentation document https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXr0cn5ubOM, by Steve Hick, can be downloaded from some link. It is two years old but it is still very actual.
Thank you very much.

Enzo
iw7dmh

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2017
    Enzo,

I suspect you will find what you're looking for here: http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/smartsdr-api/.  If not, let us know and we'll see what we can do to help.
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    I've uploaded the slide presentation HERE.  It is a little dated.  The wiki with details on the SmartSDR API can be found HERE.
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Thank you very much.
    I was aware of the Wiki link, but the others two are exactly what I was looking for.

Kind regards
    Enzo

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Steve, and others.....I noted in the video presentation from 2014 you mentioned working DX from you iPhone might be as much as 5-10 years off....

My, how quickly that situation has changed since FRS released the API's! 
    In less than two years, this has come true.

As we all shared at Dayton 2016, many of us are doing this now via VPN, SoftEther, Parallels Access, Raspberry Pi connections, etc...... The scene is rapidly changing now!
    What fun might we be having in another two years?!

I celebrate this.  And I celebrate the decision to release the API's.  This has proven to be an extremely productive move for FRS!  I wonder what other development will come more quickly than the estimates?

Well Done!

Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.