Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro DEXP Greyed Out

Cal  N3CAL
Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
edited November 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I've noticed DEXP is greyed out / not available on my Maestro for M-MIC1, M-MIC2, M-LINE but available R-MIC, R-BAL and R-ACC??  The manual makes no mention of DEXP not working on the Maestro??  Am I doing something wrong?  I'm using a default Radiosport Mic Profile...

Cal/N3CAL

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Cal,
       The DEXP function is a hardware function that is availabe in the radio but not available in the Maestro hardware ( or in the PC with a PC mic).

AL, K0VM
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Problem is, the mic and/or ambient noise level when you're using the Maestro outside the shack is different. A Heil BM-10 plugged into the RJ-45 on the Maestro pumps room noise like mad with no solution. And that is in my quiet, plaster-walled living room. If I turn compression/mic gain down low enough to solve that I have very little power output.   C-
  • Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016

Bob you are absolutely correct!  Another disappointment to me. It will be hard to use the Maestro in a crowded space like a DX expedition or multi op contest!  Too much background noise....

Cal/N3CAL

• Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited June 2016

While this is a bummer if you were in a multi op or dx situation you can always plug right into the radio.

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Thank you Captain Obvious.

The point here is to use the Maestro REMOTELY, a use that has proven unsatisfactory for this reason.

• Reinaldo Leandro
    edited July 2017
    Almost a year has passed and still the feature is not implemented.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.