Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
SmartSDR v3.1.12 and the SmartSDR v3.1.12 Release Notes. | SmartSDR v2.6.2 and the SmartSDR v2.6.2 Release Notes.
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes. | Power Genius XL Firmware v3.4.16. | Power Genius XL Utility v2.2.10.
Basic Mode, Quick Start Mode, Locked Configurations - ideas inspired by the v1.6 Youtube Thread
As a take-away from the huge thread about the cool V1.6 digital video a couple items seem to be self-suggested:
- A SmartSDR Basic Mode - if selected SmartSDR would hide away any option not needed for basic radio operations.
- A SmartSDR Auto-Digital Mode - which would add to the basic mode a single digital mode instance preconfigured as much as possible to be a clink-n-go option. A Wizard style configuration auto-checklist would guide a user to configure anything that cannot be automatic.
- And then a person could select the full feature mode where everything SmartSDR can do is exposed.
A second take-away is the possible need to "lock" some of the settings. Here I am envisioning a Flex-6000 in a club situation. What we do with our present radios is tell any station operators that they have to ask permision to change any configurations, taht those changes have to be logged & initialed, and that the changes need to be set back to how they found it unless otherwise approved.
I'm imagining a seriously messed up SmartSDR configuation if every operator has access to ever configuration parameter.
Leave a Comment
- 45 Community Topics
- 1.9K New Ideas
- 90 The Flea Market
- 5.2K Software
- 4.8K SmartSDR for Windows
- 20 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 56 SmartSDR for Mac
- 132 SmartSDR for iOS
- 139 SmartSDR CAT
- 52 DAX
- 271 SmartSDR API
- 6.9K Radios and Accessories
- 5.6K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 536 Maestro
- 9 FlexControl
- 698 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 122 Power Genius Products
- 95 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 9 Power Genius Utility
- 18 Tuner Genius
- 26 Shack Infrastructure
- 9 Networking
- 59 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 40 Contesting
- 85 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 50 Amateur Radio Interests
- 355 Third-Party Software