Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

A 13.8V@25 amps DC power supply

Richard Adkins
Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Since a 13.8V@25 amps DC power supply is required, why isn't it included with the Flexradio or sold by the company?

Answers

• Richard Adkins
    Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Is there a recommended brand/model of power supply?
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Astron's work fine. Personally, I have a 50A W5RV supply that I've used at my station for years, and it does a fine job as well. I'm sure you'll get a lot of useful recommendations here.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Power supplies are more or less commodity items. No real purpose in a "Flex Supply" in that crowded market. Plus, your station likely has more devices than the radio, so your supply will need to be scaled appropriately. A good quality linear supply will last a lifetime.
  • butch alline
    butch alline Member
    edited December 2016
    See buy/accessories at Flex site.
    http://cart.flexradio.com/Astron-SS-25-Power-Supply_p_18.html

or eBay.

Just be careful with tightening the SS-25 set screws, they are soft brass and fragile.
  • Richard Adkins
    Richard Adkins Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Well, there it is! Lol. Thanks. I should have looked more before asking.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I use a dedicated Astron VS-50M for my Flex, works perfectly  The Astron 35A models will work too, but its continuous current specification (25A) was a bit too close to the edge for me.  I prefer a bit more head room.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.