Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Microphone

Manuel - W4SSB
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Does the 6300 come with a hand mike?

Answers

• km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    yes
  • Hojon Lee     W1JAC
    edited May 2016
    YES
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Mine only came with one.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Yes, but you're going to want to replace it with something better.  I highly recommend the Heil PR781.    Not only is it a great performing mic, the SSDR software has several settings made especially for it.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I have had several unsolicited complements on  my audio from the included mic and there are also included settings for that one too.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, it's an okay mic.  I am much more comfortable with a desk/boom mic where I can use a foot switch or VOX.

I keep my hand mic for testing when I have audio issues so that I can eliminate cable, adaptors, etc.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Steve, Fully agree with the convenience issue. I will definitely get a headset and foot switch just for the convenience if I start using phone much. Typing with two hands is slow enough, hi hi.
  • Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited May 2016
    Sorry to say my 6300 with the PR781 didn't work out. Couldn't get the bass out. Went to RE27 and have better audio reports. Wish my 781 would have worked out.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    The hand mike had a worse report BY FAR than a $3 Skype mike
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I have an Electrovoice RE320, obtained from Broadcast Sales Worldwide. They periodically have package deals with the mic, spit guard, XLR cord, shock mount with boom adapter. Sounds fab on the 6000 series without need of any external processor gear. If you use an XLR microphone with the 6300, then you will need the Heil XLR to Foster adapter cord. The correct one has an orange shroud over the XLR. Don't remember the model number off hand.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    What would be a good hand microphone for the Maestro?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.