Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Keyboard CW

Mark Erbaugh
Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in New Ideas
How about adding a keyboard CW mode for the Maestro. As I see it, the M would display a keyboard on the touch screen that could be used to type CW.

Comments

• Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm not a CW guy myself, but somehow keyboards just don't fit into a CW equation to me.  :-)

Steve G./N4TTY
  • W3PH
    W3PH Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My operation is nearly 100% CW, and I agree - I've never gotten  used to sending CW from a keyboard.  Might just be me.  What would be useful would be RTTY decoding and ability to send from a real, or at least a virtual, keyboard.
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    Something like the kx3 psk and rtty modes and a Bluetooth keyboard would be cool. Depends on the Bluetooth chip set they are using in the maestro. The Macros in the Maestro should work well for contesting.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I'm in the same boat.. when I use a keyboard my brain seems to turn off the traditional abbreviations and prosigns and I tend to send full words.  Much more comfortable with paddles. I do realize there is a market for keyboard sent cw.  Maybe if and when they activate Bluetooth on Maestro we could see a method to keyboard cw... and maybe a decoder or 2 kind of like in the K-line or some of the modern yaekenwu rigs so we can avoid going to a 3rd party app if we want.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Nothing is sacred anymore.  I'm in the same boat as some others here - CW should be sent with a key and received in your head.  When I want to type back and forth with someone, I'll use PSK, Olivia or one of the other modes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.