Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro won't boot / failed boot - maestrostartup is not responding

Simon Lewis
Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Maestro
ran Maestro for 18 hours yesterday not a hiccup after my initial issues on 5g wifi.

today came in - booted the 6500 and then started Maestro

... maestro would not boot ... sat with grey screen and spinning circle of doom

took 3 shutdown and retstarts before it would get into the Maestro boot screen and then again would not find wifi I connected to last night.

finally managed after another reboot it found 2g and i connected to that

and it booted fine

ran for 5 mins then connected to 5g

connected ... eventually .. then errored with a pop up "Maestrostartup not responding" wait/close message from windows.

By the time I got back to Maestro with my camera to take a shot it suddenly and unprovoked .. booted and started SSDR

So something not booting right / failing on boot around wifi

It's also seems very warm round the screen area - upper middle of the screen

- now back to not rebooting

Open a service desk ticket ....

follow on

went to wired lan and made it forget the wifi - instant boot and no errors

def wifi related

Comments

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi Simon

The warm area of screen in upper right is something observed here also. I believe it runs cooler / warmer based on LED brightness. 

The problem does sound WiFi related.  For the 2Ghz band, the auto channel feature failed miserably and I manually set the router for an empty channel.

When switching between direct ethernet Vs. WiFi, it seems the 6500 had to be rebooted to 'reset' the ethernet port due to the cable swap.

Best,
    _..--
    TiM
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Opening a HelpDesk support ticket is the correct course of action.
  • Scott - WM7C
    Scott - WM7C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I am having similar issues with "Maestro not responding".  I submitted a help desk ticket.  I just tried connected to Ethernet with the same results.  Though WiFi is flaky and I've invested in a new router and wifi extender, the wireless connection causes audio to stop every few minutes (when Mestro is working).  I have not tried transmitting with Mestro yet.  My Maestro is no longer working as far as I can tell.image
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Is the Maestro using the extender?
  • Scott - WM7C
    Scott - WM7C Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Yes.  Both the radio and Mestro is plugged into a Netgear extender.  I just restarted the radio and started the Mestro again and it did boot up this time.  No dropped packets.  Maybe it is a WiFi problem.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    Depending on the model, some extenders aren't very good at doing their jobs. I've had pretty good luck with Negear. Next time, restart the extender first, see if the Maestro and radio responds better before rebooting either of them.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.