Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Win10 update/SSDR

km9r.mike
km9r.mike Member ✭✭
edited March 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
The latest win10 thread was closed and this is simply a follow up. Old OS was win7 pro 64 and current OS is win10 pro 64 and clean install of SSDR 1.6.21 on the upgraded win 10 machine. For the last two win10 updates, prior to installing the updates and restarting my PC, I have closed both DAX and CAT windows and SSDR was closed as well. I then allowed my PC to install the windows 10 updates followed by rebooting the PC.
For me this has repeatedly resulted in zero negative issues with cat or dax after a win10 update.

Comments

• Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Not to rain on your parade, but for the last several Win 10 updates I have done nothing and have had no issues. The only time I did was for the initial Win 10 install over Win 7 and just followed Tim's instructions for a fix. I know others have had problems with the updates just not everyone.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    No worries about raining on the non parade. Merely putting info out there on what I did and what resulted for the community. I am getting to the point where I will just let win10 update and see what results but I am not there yet. Thanks for the info.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    I run a system with Window 10 and latest updates.  Insider Preview builds. I also let them auto install.

I also do ALPHA testing so I'm always testing the leading edge. 
    No problems with W10 after the 1511 upgrade where the whole operating system came on board.
    That just needed a cleanup and reload of SSDR.

• km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Thanks Dan for the info. It appears MS has gotten their act together and I will upgrade at will like I did in the past with win7.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    A buddy (EA5SW) found out that he was having problems with DAX when updating Windows 10 due to having Virtual Audio Cables installed in the system. It seems that messes windows upgrade... as Microsoft tries its own drivers for DAX. 
    To those of you who have not had any issues with Win 10 upgrades, do have Audio Virtual Cables installed?
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Sal,

I do not have virtual audio cables on my pc.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.