Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 using V 1.7.30 loses LAN connection

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Since installing SSDR Version 1.7.30 I have had several (6 or 7) instances of the hardwired LAN connection being lost and the 6700 seeming to be frozen requiring a power down and restart to reconnect. Anybody else seeing this problem?

Comments

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Hi Al

Can you fill in some detail whether you are direct wired, through what router, from a PC/Maestro/or? and that sort of thing?

Thanks and 73

Steve K9ZW

• N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hi Steve I am directly wired to a Netgear WNDR 3700 Router using a PC (Intel 7 computer) which is the same way as before I installed V 1.7.3 (no wiring or other software changes).
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I believe the flex programming team has a bug logged for it as observed by the Alpha team.  Behavior has been noticed in SSDR and Maestro.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    My 6700 Panadapter screen was frozen after running for just over a day directly connected radio to PC. Never had this happen on prior releases. Restarted SSDR and all has been good for over a day. However, DAX continues to become corrupt even when the PC does not report long DPCs.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It has been reported that going through a router and not direct works best.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I do not believe that this is a problem with the network connection, but a problem introduced with the 1.7.30 firmware itself, that produces a random "memory leak". When the memory gets "all used up" the FlexRadio locks up and a pulsed tone can be heard for 10-20 seconds, followed by a crash requiring a complete power down and power back up.

I have seen this crash occur within 40 minutes of each other, and at other times it takes 12 hours to crash again.

My short term solution was to revert back to SSDR 1.6, with no recurrence (and my Maestro makes an acceptable bookend).

FRS is well aware of this and I anxiously await them squashing this bug permanently.
  • Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited August 2017
    I have also noticed multiple LAN drop outs.  Connected to a NetGear 1GB switch and have had 3 or 4 dropouts earlier today, all of them more or less back to back. Have noticed when the drop outs happen the LEDs on the switch and the Maestro go completely out then come back on and flash on and off several times before the connections comes back.  In my case the panadapter and waterfall go blank while the slice receiver flag remains on the screen although with no frequency display.  Also in my case a reboot wasn't required, but if I waited everything came back as it was before the drop out.  This happened several times in a row, but has now been running several hours with no issues.  This has happened on 2 or 3 other occasions since receiving my Maestro.  At first I thought it might be a port issue on the switch, but have tried several other ports and other devices plugged into ports previously used by the Maestro have been running fine as far as I can tell.

Steve G./N4TTY
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This issue has been previously reported and entered into the bug tracker as defect #3597 and classified as a critical issue.
  • Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks Tim! You guys are awesome!!
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Tim thanks for the official response, while I realize it is not fixed at least it has been noted and will get fixed. 73, Al, N4AB
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I use a Netgear EX6200 extender. This issue has happened to me twice. I don't know if it is a Netgear issue or SmartSDR issue. My confuserator has no problems hooking up to the internet via the extender. However, this happened again this morning. After doing a power down on the Flex and removing power, as well as powering down the extender, everything came up okay.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I have a 6300 and have seen the same issue.  I don't think this is just a 6700 issue.  It is also not just a Ethernet issue. It happens also while connected wirelessly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.