Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Weird Maestro VFO issue

Phil M0VSE
Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have been having great fun using my new Maestro with my 6500 on the Volta RTTY contest this weekend but have noticed a strange anomaly with the VFO A knob. I have been using N1MM+ and the RBN to S&P for most of the contest and sometimes when I turn the VFO knob to get them properly centered, initially it will go the wrong way!

What I mean is that if I turn the knob clockwise, the frequency will go down! It soon corrects itself and starts to go in the right direction so not a major issue, just a bit weird. I haven't noticed if VFO B does the same.

I can't reliably reproduce this and i'm pretty sure that it isn't 'operator error', although anything is possible :)

Has anybody else seen this (or am I going mad?)

73 Phil

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Phil, you're not going mad. The Alpha team has tested a fix that will be in the next update. Thanks for sharing. Mack W4AX Alpha Team
  • Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes, I have also noticed this.
    I am already mad, so I cannot tell the difference.
    Mike N1MD
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Nice to know that (with this issue at least) I am not going mad!
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I think you'll find it is fixed in the next GA release.  I haven't seen it in the current alpha code and I would get it all the time.

Eric's guys figured it out.

Mike va3mw

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.