Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro Arrives!

Paul Christensen, W9AC
Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Maestro

UPS delivered my Maestro this morning.  Set up in my office and running perfectly in under a minute.  I have a one word review:

WOW!

Paul, W9AC

Comments

• Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016

Maestro arrived this afternoon as scheduled!  Unfortunately my radio is at another QTH, so I won't get to play until next week!

Of course I did unbox it and it looks great!

73 - Gary - W4EEY
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

Great review Paul, I am encouraged.  A lot of thought went into this device.
    Well worth the wait!!!
    I had my delivery diverted to a UPS store, was supposed to deliver today but my action added a day.
    Going to have to wait until tomorrow now, drats!

• Simon Lambert
    Simon Lambert Member
    edited August 2019
    Lucky guy!!!!I'm excited to get mine!!!

73-ve2sim
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    When did you make your order Gary? 
  • Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    It was early morning of the day that Maestro was first announced. Does that make me a Flex fan boy? Guess so....
    Gary -W4EEY
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I ordered on the same day.  I received mine at 2PM on Friday and have been having fun ever since.  My cheeks hurt from grinning. ;-)
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Great picture
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    OK Paul and all,
    UPDATE:
    Took longer to uninstall 1.6.21 and install 1.7.30 than to install the Maestro.
    Pretty much in seconds the Maestro started right up.
    I went into the menu and set a couple of minor things to my liking.
    Now I am having a hard time wiping the smile off my face.. ha ha.

My xyl yelled in at me "well, how is it?"
    So Paul you were very correct. All I could say was "WOW this is really nice!"
    All this extra room on the monitors is being put to good use already too.

Thanks Gerald and the Flex team, you folks rock!

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hang loose Simon, you're going to like this...! Patience my friend.
  • Simon Lambert
    Simon Lambert Member
    edited May 2016
    Yep!!May be next week...
    Regard's
    Simon
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This post is a good example of why this community needs a separate Maestro section. I do not follow Maestro posts yet I got this useless "got my Maestro today", "unpacked (NOT 'unboxed') it and it looked nice" Maestro post.

Okay, I get it. UPS does its job, the Maestro looks nice and it works FB.

Let's move on. Next!
  • SteveJ
    SteveJ Member
    edited February 2017
    Don't worry Guy the newness of the Maestro will wear off soon.
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016

Guy, sorta' harsh on my eyes to read the above post so early in the morning!  Of course, one option is to spend less time reading, and more time operating. 

Since the title of this thread is "Maestro Arrives!" and titled as such by yours truly, why not simply refrain  from opening up posts under this heading.  To do so requires you to click on the heading in order to read these posts.  In effect, you're contributing to the root-cause of your own issue.

BTW, N9IO and I go back in time - more than 40 years ago when we were very young novices operating Hallicrafters and EF Johnson gear.  Thinking back to a simpler time, I don't think either of us could have imagined that 40+ years later we would be operating SDR equipment with slick glass screens and making electronically-published comments that our Maestro's have arrived!

Paul, W9AC 

• Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I won't believe any of the gushing until we get a bunch of youtube videos proving it.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I thought that there might be some hidden goodness in the post...I could not resist clicking, LOL.

Going forwards, in another decade, you may be be able to have your consciousness downloaded to your Flex or Maestro and do ham radio whilst the rest of you gets on with living life? Maybe that is the master plan of Flex...World domination?
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    They may have to be censored ;-).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.