Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

LAN Controlled relays

George KF2T
George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in New Ideas

For those of us who can't get enough remote control goodness, I came across this on eBay.

KMTronic LAN Ethernet IP 8 channels Web Relay board Box http://r.ebay.com/SF0Ugn

8 relays with NC and NO connections, and what seems like ample current capacity. Control via Ethernet.

Plan on using it for Flex on/off, ATU reset, antenna switching, etc.

Pretty inexpensive, too...

KMTronic-LAN-Ethernet-IP-8-channels-WEB-Relay-board-BOX

Comments

• Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

George,

Nice box.  Recently, N4CC and I had to find a way to switch an 80m array at our remote Internet site:

http://www.digital-loggers.com/din.html

Like the KMT device, it has 8 isolated SPDT relays but also includes simple PLC user-programming to easily activate one element in the array and disable the others in an automated sequenced event.

Paul, W9AC

• Rob N4GA
    Rob N4GA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Nice!

Not worried about the guys from Bulgaria switching your stuff on and off whenever they please?

(just kidding)

:)

http://www.qrz.com/db/N4GA

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Not as long as they QSL!

• Rob N4GA
    Rob N4GA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Solid!

:)
  • John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    KMTronics has worked reliably for me as I have wired one into an Ameritron antenna switch box to remotely switch antenna inputs for the last 18 months.

John
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Glad to hear, John. Thanks.
  • K2SJP
    K2SJP Member
    John; I want to do the same thing with my KMTronics . Can you send me a diagram of the hookup with the Flex Radio. Thanks, Bob K2SJP
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

We have Node Red flows for a couple of the KMTronic switches.

As far as switching an 80m array or 40m four square, you can do the programming, interlocking, and sequencing in Node Red using quite a few different relay solutions.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.