Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Turning on the Flex 6500 remotely.

2»

Answers

• Rick, K7FYI
    Rick, K7FYI Member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks, everyone!  I've got the RigRunner / grounded remote working and have bookmarked the other solutions for future use.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I never realized so many were remoting their radios   very cool!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

@Lee ... I guess you just figured out why V2.0 WAN is so Important for future sales at Flex.. 

• AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have a 3Gstore Remote Power IP Switch I got from Amazon.  Works great.  My issue is the wiring from the IP remote switch.  Can someone show me a photo of what I need to build for the RCA connection?  I have an old radio shack 3 amp 12 volt power supply running from the IP AC Power switch but am unsure of the wiring to the RCA plug the 12 volt source.
  • Larry Benoit
    Larry Benoit Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I used a two dollar 12 VDC (1 amp rating) SPST reed relay from Jameco and wired it inline with a surplus audio cable.   But, I suggest you save yourself the trouble of wiring up a DC relay and get one of these 120 VAC power relays from DLI; plug it into your 3Gstore remote power switch and connect the Flex REMOTE ON to it with any old RCA audio cable from your junk drawer.
    http://www.digital-loggers.com/ac.html

The DLI relay gives you a choice of normally-on (closed) or normally-off operation (open). 

Larry KB1VFU
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Thank you.  I looked at this but was unsure.  I will order one pronto.  I only want to operate "remote" from the bedroom upstairs but this will save me trip to the basement.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    While we will not take orders until the amp has passed final FCC/CE you can send an email to sales at FlexRadio dot com saying you want to be on the mailing list to receive updates.
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    This was too easy.  Worked right away with Digital Loggers device and 3Gstore AC switch.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Not sure if you guys are familiar with these....
    https://www.itead.cc/smart-home/sonoff-wifi-wireless-switch.html

• AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    How can these things be so inexpensive?   A few years ago I would have to mortgage the house. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.