Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro is Shipping! - Photos

Gerald-K5SDR
Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
edited June 2020 in Maestro
We know how eager so many of you are to get your hands on your new Maestro.  Today was truly all hands on deck as final software is loaded, accessories kitted, Maestros boxed, boxes sealed, labels printed and applied, and the UPS truck loaded.  Even the engineers were glad to quit coding, take a brain break, and just load software.  They said if they weren't loading software they would have been out playing miniature golf.  

We took over the conference room, the scrum room, the lab and even the hallways.  Many more are on the way from the factory next door to our dock for final processing.  It will take several weeks to work through the backlog but we are cranking out a lot of units.  Starting next week the factory will load final software so we don't have to touch them again here other than to add the accessories and attach labels.

I want to sincerely thank the FlexRadio team and our beta test group who have worked tirelessly to make Maestro a ground breaking product.  Thanks to all of you who pre-ordered for your patience while we put on the finishing touches and get them out to you.  

We truly hope you enjoy your new Maestro.

73, from the FlexRadio team

5/4/2016 DAY ONE....

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Very exciting news.  Great job.  I look forward to enjoying the fruits of your team's labor.

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Me thinks that UPS driver needs a bigger truck!!!
  • James Whiteway
    edited May 2016
    Looks a bit crowded! Tell that driver to avoid the potholes please! :-)
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Great update. It's been like waiting for your first born in some ways. Thanks to all Flex employees for todays effort and the future. It's been great being a part of this new product!
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I had to laugh on that one James! Pretty good.
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I can only imagine what he said when he pulled up to the loading dock.
  • Richard G7EIX
    Richard G7EIX Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Wonderful! One of those has my name on it it seems - from the email I got today! :-)
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    It's right below mine on the truck! Hope mine doesn't smash yours....
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    Oh S&#$ I need a semi today.
  • Bill N5TU
    Bill N5TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Excellent! :-)
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Got my tracking number this afternoon. Yeeehah!!

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I think the UPS driver said something similar to what the Ghost Buster, Prof. Peter Venkman said when he saw the 200 foot tall Stay Puft Marshmallow Man:  "Mother **** Bucket!"

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I was able to read the label on the box of my Maestro that was prepare for shipment.
    It was third box on the left in the hallway lineup!
    I can wait to see UPS delivering it by Monday.
  • VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Great news.. Thanks to the all the team at Flex for the mammoth effort that has been put in getting our Maestros to us, and for your regular communications regarding progress on this huge endeavour. Winston
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I was able to read the label on the box of my Maestro, that was prepare for shipment.
    It was third box on the left in the hallway lineup!
    I can wait to see UPS delivering it Monday.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Now you gotta get your radio hooked up, buddy!

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Holy cow Gerald!  Your office building looks like a cyclone hit!!!
    Congrats to all of you, now get back to work...
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Hearty congratulations, Gerald!
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the update Gerald.  Do you have a rough estimate of how long it'll take to fulfill the pre-orders? 
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    Not yet.  We will need a week or so to see where we are and what the regular flow is on a daily basis.  
  • Bill, N9OE
    Bill, N9OE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Great job guys! I can't wait to get mine. I'm sure its intense at FRS right now. I hope you're done by Hamvention so you can enjoy the fest!
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    2 day standard UPS Ground delivery between Austin and Kansas City.  I'm hoping to see my Maestro on Friday.  Would love to use it on a Special Event station at the WW1 Memorial this weekend.  Listen for Special Event Station WW1USA on CW, SSB, on 80-10 Meters (propagation permitting)  and C4FM Yaesu Fusion WIRES (WW1USA Room).  
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I think you will mine says-
    Scheduled Delivery Updated To:Friday, 05/06/2016, By End of Day, and I'm in Kansas City also.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Please this would be totally unimpressive to UPS, Flex is not Amazon. I don't minimize the joy of the customers but The world does not revolve around Maestro. Enjoy your quality product in any event.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    edited December 2016
    No Burt, the world does not revolve around you, me, Maestro, FlexRadio or anyone else. There are far greater thingsin life that truly matter. Carpe Diem.
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    send me some tickets Gerald I'd be glad to donate some hours to help :)))))))

• James Whiteway
    edited May 2016
    Living just north of Austin is a plus!(180miles) Just checked UPS and it shows delivery by end of day tomorrow! But, I won't be home till Friday, I'm in Phoenix. Had two trailer tires **** out and sat roadside for 3 hours waiting on tire truck. Better call my wife and tell her to keep a watch out! James WD5GWY
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    UPS is scheduled to deliver between 1 & 3 on Friday.  Great service. 
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Any idea when the orders going to the UK dealers will go out? Thanks. David G4NRT
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi David,  as much as I'm super-keen to receive my Maestro, I'm not holding my breath (shame really 'cos I opened my 6m SpE season last night with a string of QSOs into Ukraine..).  My guess is we are behind a massive wave of 15th/16th May 2015 orders from the USA.  Gerald has already said that it depends when the individual dealer ordered them....I may try W&S again, but I'm not sure they'll know any more...  Paul M0CVX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.