Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro battery request.

Phill Beistel
Phill Beistel Member
edited March 2017 in Maestro
Could someone please post a picture of the inside of the battery compartment. I'd like to see where the power receptical is located so I can optain the right size and type of power cable for the battery when it comes. Thanks, Phill

Answers

• Steve - G8KNC
    Steve - G8KNC Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I understood that the Maestro battery compartment has two USB leads in-situ. One is full size for powering the Maestro and the other is a micro-USB for charging the battery pack. Therefore you do not need any additional power cables. I'm sure others will correct me if this is wrong! Steve
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    You are correct, Steve,  The battery requirements are listed on the Maestro product web page under the Specs tab. http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/maestro/
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

A battery that barely fits in the space available will not work due to the space needed for the USB plug.

Having both USB (IN and OUT) ports on the same side is recommended. I have seen battery packs that have the MicroUSB on the long side.... those will not work.

A 16,000 mAh battery will fit, but I am afraid the USB connectors will not.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    The official battery compartment size:
    • Maximum Battery Size: 3"W (7.62 cm) x 6"L (15.24 cm) x 0.75"D (1.91 cm)
    I do have a question. What is the amperage provided at the USB Micro-B connector? I couldn't find the specs on the User Guide or Datasheet. 

These battery packs need more that 0.5A to be charged properly, some of them have the 2A input for fast charge of the battery pack itself. 
  • Phill Beistel
    Phill Beistel Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks a Ton! A picture is worth a Thousand words. I got the Mogix 10400mah pack, so Now all I need is the Maestro to wrap around it.

Phill - WB3DHF

• Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I'm thinking about mounting "velcro" a Jackery 21000 mah battery on the outside and running usb extension cables inside.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.