Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How will Maestro, radio and PC cope with digital mode applications?

Andrew VK5CV
Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in Third-Party Software
How will Maestro, the radio and a PC cope with digital mode applications?
Andrew de VK5CV

Answers

• Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Andrew,

Try to keep your posts to just one forum category please, I really didn't need 6 identical emails on a subject that I have no interest in.

Cheers, Steve G1XOW

• Kirk
    Kirk Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Andrew,

Very good question.  My main interest is digital mode applications.  If Maestro doesn't support these modes then, for me it is worthless.

73,  Kirk, K6KAR
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    At the present time, you will run the digital modes on a laptop or PC just as you do today.  DAX and CAT run on the PC/laptop to talk directly to the radio.  This lets you use all the features of your favorite digital software and logging program without compromising its user interface or the Maestro panadapter as would be required to run to run both applications on an 8 inch display.  
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I had always thought the Maestro was more of a nod to the buttons and knobs set, who are probably going to only do SSB and CW.

I didn't buy one of these gems to place all that yummy SDR goodness on a tiny radio form factor.

Disclaimer - I run 2 27 inch screens on my iMac (Win7) One for SmartSDR, and the other for whichever other programs- fldigi, wspr wsjt, N1MM, - on the other.

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Gerald,
    Just for clarification sake.
    I run two 21 inch monitors fully populated with one screen running SSDR and the other screen my logging software i.e. Writelog or N1MM+ and the rest of the associated RTTY MMTTY, Band Maps or CW Skimmer, etc.
    BTW I absolutely love this arrangement as is.

Question:  Will the Maestro work along with this current setup to some degree?

Thanks,
    Love my 6300 and thank you for your talk at W9DXCC.
    Hope to see you folks again next year.

Clay N9IO

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Gerald,
    Will we able to control the radio with Maestro but see the panadapter on a big screen?
    Andrew VK5CV
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Not with the initial release of Maestro.  But being able to run it and SmartSDR for Windows at the same time is a planned feature.
  • Kilroy
    Kilroy Member
    edited December 2016
    So if I want to sit out by the pool and operate my 6500 using Maestro, how do I log my contacts?  Do  we revert back to paper logs? 
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Android tablet or iPad.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Can my Maestro fix me a drink? Or do I have to resort to make it myself.......

Sorry, the devil made me do that!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    That feature is being considered for SmartSDR for Maestro v2. ;-)
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    All the way to versión 1.x it is code named "Cool Aid", from 2.x on, the new code name will be "Gin&Tonic"     :)
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I'll drink to that! 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.