Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Gentelmen, anyone knows if DM780 bug is fixed?

YV5WZ
YV5WZ Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm talking about impossibility of doing transmission from DM780 on Windows 10
DM780 does everything inclusive I can see transmission on DAX channel box....but doesn't key flex.....I have read  its some kind of virtual port incompatibility

Has Anyone hear somthing about? 

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    As I recall it works fine here. I thought I had an issue with rtty some time back, a month or so ago. I've forgotten who it was that showed me but it worked fine. Are you using the subscription DM 780 or the free one?
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hey Walt...I have subscription....I already did Update....but ....It doesn't solve key problem 
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Would you elaborate? Is this in general, only on transmission, only on psk or rtty or some other mode?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    What did you mean by update? Sound card definitions?
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I mean my HRD is updated to last version ...transmission are affected in all modes

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Its connected, I can change frequency, mode, and everything from DM780.....I have created 2 news CAT ...and tested with Fldigit and WSJT-x with No problem.....image
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I am at 6.3.0.466 and it works fine.

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    do you have HRD with DDutil....? and work ok?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    In the top right I have a digital clock, not a freq but I sent QRZ and the read led on the radio lit, and I can copy a boatload of psk at 14.070...with ddutil
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    It (ddutil had downloaded the most recent copy as well.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Are you running the same version of ddutil?
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Look at SmartSDR Cat and see if the P (ptt) port is assigned to Digital Master.

And that it says "Radio Connected".
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    SRY, meant the same version of dm780.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Using latest release of HRD and have had no problems keying, Program Options, PTT I am not using the HRD option but using the COM Port with the port I assigned to the slice A in SmartSDR CAT.
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    If you are running DM780 standalone,  you will need to use a PTT com port to key the radio,  if running with HRD,  make sure your IPServer is running and you are seeing the frequency of the radio being passed to DM780,  or CAT data from HRD's IPServer ..    There never has been a compatibility issue with DM780,  only setup issues..  

Dudley
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hello Dudley ...I created a CAT for DM780 standalone.....I uninstall HRD and reinstalled fresh.....Before I could see frequency.. now....I just see Radio word .....And I still see transmission on DAX box....but....nothing happens in Smart SDR
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Walt,  I have last DDutil version as well as same DM780 version you have, I dont recall if i did any change about clock...but it show radio frequency....I uninstalled and reinstalled HRD ....but still I cant get it to transmit   
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I think I got some CAT trouble....but I cant define whats the problem
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Solved!!!  After reading Manuals ( HAM don't read Manual)......I had created CAT and not PTT, the problem was that... I created 3  CAT port.....but I needed PTT port....in smartCat old version.....was just click....but in this new version (excellent by the way) ..its necessary pull down menu and doing the right selection... Thanks to Walt KZ1F who helped me to calm down....to Dudley WA5QPZ who cleared my mind when said: "  There never has been a compatibility issue with DM780,  only setup issues"  and to Mike VE3CKO  who wrote "PTT"  :)
    You made my day guys....thank you

Hope to find you on bands

George 
    YV5WZ

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Ham operators read only marginally more than software people. I'm glad it's solved.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Glad you got it solved.  DM780 works fine, and the integration with HRD Log & Rotor is the best part of it.  I've confirmed 115 countries on RTTY in 2 years with DM780.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Really Rick? That's awesome! I think my confirmed rtty count is 15 or thereabouts.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Wow!!  Rick 115 its more than a half of world...Congratulations!!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.