Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Optimizing the Noise, ANF, SR, and NB settings with a 5000a .....

Brian Bedoe WD9HSY
Brian Bedoe WD9HSY Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
Hi All --

Rather than re invent the wheel, I am wondering if anyone has played with all the noise blanking, noise  reduction, SR and ANF setting to find a optimal settings? I am running a 5000a and a I7 desktop.

I know that these settings are "season to your personal tastes" but I have no problems starting from someone's "happy place"

A lot of these default settings were set back in the day when finding the happy middle was a compromise between the radio and computer processing power.  With the advent of I7 machines and quad core I barely ever see my machine go over 20% ..... so I have some lots of head room to play with.

Any thoughts?
73, Brian

PS   That 20% is running as many as 6-10 different things at once like PwrSDR, IE11 (on the DX Cluster, QRZ, and other windows) my logger, voice keyer, FLDigi ..... etc. 

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The default settings were selected as a good compromise for moderate noise sources.  Select the correct noise mitigation feature for the type of noise you have and make small adjustments and allow for a little time so the DSP can do its thing.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Tim, if you select default, does this change everything or just the function you want to set to default?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    There isn't a default selection, per se.  When PowerSDR creates a new database, the DSP noise mitigation settings are set to the default values for the particular feature (NR, NB, NB2).  From there you can change them however you like.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.