Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

doparksdr and dax crossplatform

K3SF
K3SF Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in New Ideas
well i have been able to run dogparksdr (dpsdr) on my macbook pro and run dax with cwskimmer and fldigi on a Virtual Machine running Win7 in the same macbookpro

(see pic below)

notice dpsdr HUD in upper right
and teh rest of the view is cwskimmer and fldigi on VM win7

well once i did this, i then tried to do it across three different computer
i ran i5 mini with dogparksdr
then
on an i7 mini i ran VM fusion win7 with dax and cwskimmer
and
on macbook pro i ran another VM fusion win7 with dax and fldigi

this say two machines each with their own dax running was getting dax audio and dax iq
simultaneously...real distributed computing going on here

sorry
hard to get combine screen shot across these three machines

also Don has update dpsdr so that the it show callsign from cluster/spot on the panafall
and these are  now interactive in that you can click on the callsign and radio tunes to there exact posted freq and macloggerDX V6.x updates the main display just as if you clicked on a spot...

Paul K3SF

Comments

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    here is dpsdr and cwkimmer crossplatform

dpsdr and mldx and EC are running on an i5 mini with OSX
    and
    cwskimmer/sdrbridge are running on VM win7 on an i7 mini
    where dax is managing the iq data tream

first picture you can see dpsdr with its panafall with spots

you also see EC which is Extra Cluster feature which has connected to cwskimmer running on another machine. This creates spots from local cwskimmer and also allows mldx to connect to another cluster across the internet (this case VE7CC)

in second pic is cwskimmer/sdrbridge on the i7 mini in VM win 7 environment

i am getting the best  of both worlds here

imageimage

will be even better when don agro gets multiple panafalls in dpsdr

Paul K3SF

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Likewise - works great here, too. FlDigi for Mac also does great using Loopback audio for Mac to provide DAX-like service. With the latest version of FlDigi reading DogPark´s MacLogger UDP data, frequency readout and all play well together. Eagerly awaiting Don's next bit of magic.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.