Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has the transmit problem with the 6300 under SSDR 1.6 been fixed?

K0GGC
K0GGC Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am new to the flex radio and I was wondering if the 6300 "dirty transmit issue" had been fixed with SSDR 1.6.

Also how do I tell if my transmission is "dirty"? When I watch the FFT while transmitting I do see some fairly large side-lobes outside of the transmit frequency band. However that may be normal as I don't have the experience to tell what constitutes a "non-dirty" signal.

Answers

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Don't pay attention to the side lobes on the panadapter when you look at your own signal.  It's not representative of what you're actually sending.

You can use the monitor to listen for RF - that works to some degree.  I prefer on-the-air signal reports to give me an idea of what's really being sent.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I believe they found the problem with transmit before v1.6 and it has been corrected.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Please see Steve - N5AC's response on this community post regarding what you are seeing on the panadapter during transmit: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/panadapter_signal_during_transmit

And we addressed several timing issues that should improve transmit signal quality too in 1.6.7
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I experienced the dirty transmit problems with both 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 but they now seem to be fixed on my 6300. No need to let the rig warm-up and then reboot. Great work FRS! I was also talking to somebody at my club on Monday who is having the hanging at boot problem on his 6300 so I have advised him to upgrade.
  • James T. Lee
    James T. Lee Member
    edited December 2016
    Tim: Having trouble articulating my question: So I will try again.  I have a 6500 that has been just great so far.  The  other day I was working a very knowledgeable 6500 operator who always has a great clean signal.  BUT . . . .  I noted on his signal a USB component during his articulation so i sent him a screen shot of my panadapter.  His retort via email today was that ". . . the picture says a lot about how you (N9KL) have your 6500 set up ".    HUH  ? ? ? ?    Please direct me to information regarding that explanation.   If this were a matter of my "having my 6500 set up incorrectly" why didn't I see the USB component on other folks' signals in the same QSO round table ?  
  • James T. Lee
    James T. Lee Member
    edited December 2016
    Yes, we were on 40 meters using LSB.
  • James T. Lee
    James T. Lee Member
    edited December 2016
    I am using 1.6.21 on my 6500
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Without knowing how you have your receive audio chain setup and what the panadapter looked like, I am at a loos to understand what he was referring to.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.