Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

DDutil macro help

G8ZPX
G8ZPX Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi,

I am looking for anyone who is familiar with DDUTIL macros. I am not sure if this is possible, but what I am looking for is to create a single macro and button in DDutil that does all of the following functions in rapid order. Assuming slice A is already tuned to Fq :-

Enable Slice B
Tune slice B to Fq+5kHz
Switch TX to slice B
Move audio of B slice fully to right speaker/earphone
Zoom panadator/waterfall to show +/- 50 kHz either side of Fq

Anybody able to help with this please?

73 de Steve G1XOW

Answers

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    DD6SPL05;DD6PBW0:.1;DD6PCF0;DD6AUP1:100;

If slice A is open in a panadapter, 1 click on the macro button  will open the second slice B, set TX to slice B, set the pan bandwidth to 100khz, center the slices in the panadapter  and set the stereo field to 100% right.  A second click on the macro button will separate slices by 5khz.  If slice B is already open one click will set focus to slice B, set B to TX, set pan to 100khz, center slices and set the stereo to 100% right.  A second click will separate slices by 5 khz.

DD6AUP1:050;  will set stereo back to 50%

The syntax is critical so cut and paste

73  W9OY
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    I'm totally inexperienced with the macros.  Where do you put them and how do you invoke them?  I've seen a list of macros in DDUtil Wiki ... is there a How To on using them somewhere?  
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    The macro buttons are turned on in the setup>features tab  Macros are stored in a database under the Macros tab.  Macros are powerful commands that control the radio

73  W9OY 
  • Dick B
    Dick B Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Yes, I've seen that but how do you invoke a macro?  I see no way to add "buttons" to the SmartSDR User Interface.  It appears that perhaps macros can be assigned to existing SmartSDR UI elements - true?  Can you create a new UI element (e.g., a button, a drop-down list of options, etc.) and assign a macro to it?  

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    It works the way it works, which is what I told you. Now you're going to have to spend an hour figuring it out. My impression is you actually have not spent any time on this. One suggestion is you "save as" the database under a different name . If you make changes to the default database and you need to reinstall your changes will be overwritten
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I'd love to try DDUtil but I can't even find a link to download it from! 

If I go to the DDUtil v3 Wiki page I either see just loads of blank pages (http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page) or I get into a loop - this page: http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=Download sends me to this page: http://k5fr.com/binary/Release32200.pdf which sends me back to this page: http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=Download

Whatever I do I can never seem to find a downloadable file that I can install from.

Could someone post a working link for me?

Thanks,

David G4NRT
  • Steve Belcak
    Steve Belcak Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    David....go to this page     http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=Download#Download_V3

on this page click on DOWNLOAD V3    (blue letters) the download will start automatically...

Have fun...

Steve
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Doh!  I must have clicked everything else but didn't see that this was a link!

Thanks!

David G4NRT
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    When you make a DDUTIL macro make sure to copy the  command exactly and always end a command with a semicolon ;   You can string commands together but each command in a string must end in a semi colon.  DDUTIL will work across a home network so you can have custom databases for example if you use the radio remotely but have slightly different needs.  For example if I was using a laptop at the base of the tower I would have a bunch of macros to tune the radio to specific parameters for specific antenna tests I wanted to perform.  This way I would get consistent test results across testing sessions

73  W9OY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.