Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any ETA on when Maestro ships

Answers

• Wilhelm Hisinger
    edited December 2017
    Perhaps to coincide with the Alpha 4040?  he he he
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Another week has gone by, still no further status.

7. Given the estimated software QA cycle, we now are now forecasting to begin general availability shipments in the February time frame.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    It's getting closer to being QA'ed !!!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We hope to begin customer production shipments in March. we are getting close and the tester and software development teams are working overtime to get them done ASAP.
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    That's the end of the first quarter. So based on my previous experiences it will be April or May.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    People could, dare I say should, look at it this way. FRS can't book revenue on it until they charge your credit card. I believe they have an equal, if not stronger, incentive to get e eryone their Maestro asap. Pushing them on it will not make the gears spin any faster.

Disclaimer: I am not, in any way, affiliated with FRS.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Well, unfortunately for me (and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one) I used paypal so they have my full payment already on their books.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My opinion is this, if the product is not ready to ship then only take deposits, not full payment no matter what the payment method is. 
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    When ordering on the FRS website it states Paypal is charged immediately (before shipping) whereas with a CC it is only charged upon shipment.
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Still, if it's not ready to ship, they should not accept orders for the full amount. 
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member
    edited February 2016
    Now I understand why I can't sleep, Flex has been holding my Maestro money since 11 Sep. I'll just double up on sleeping pills. :)

Lew
    N4CO
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I wonder how the roll out is going..  I have an empty spot on my desk. ;-)
  • N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Well, I sent an email out to FR and I'm not happy with the answer.  I placed my order (charged full amount) on Jan 22 and and shipping was going to start the first qtr.  Then I was told March in the begining of Feb, now I'm being told April.  Same MO, making promises they can't keep and I'm really sick of this.   This is NOT the way to run a business. 
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    It's software. It always takes longer to get it right than anyone expects.
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    It's simple, If it's not ready for prime time dont accept orders (and accept full payment) for something you can't deliver. I was a department project manager of a fortune 500 company so I know what it's like to manage projects. All it does is aggravating **** customers off
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The issue was that using PayPal you paid for your Maestro in Full but using a credit card you only paid a $100 deposit...

Good rule of thumb when I would ask my programmers for estimates of how long a project would take

If they were under 30, I would multiply their estimates by 4
    if they were under 40 I would multiply their estimates by 3
    If they were over 40 I would double their best estimates

If they were over 50, they probably would be far too smart to offer an estimate as they knew you could never predict how long it would take to do something NOBODY HAD EVER DONE BEFORE

If they were under about 16 they did not have a clue as to how long it would take but somehow would beat everyone's best estimates.
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Again. They should not offered for sale under any circumstances if it wasn't ready to be delivered to the customer I don't care if it's PayPal or credit card. I'm not sure what you don't understand
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Obviously you worked for a Fortune 500 with unlimited development budgets.. For those of us in the Fortune 5000 or smaller it is quite normal to accept customer deposits as a means to gauge interest in the product as well as to garner firm purchase commitments before stating on a project
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Again and I don't know how many times I need to say it. If the company doesn't have a product that they can deliver there's no point of excepting orders. If you don't have the budget then you need to go to resources that you can depend on to get the money you need to develop that product not depend on customers to finance your projects
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Again.. and Again.. Clearly you are in the Fortune 500 world.. for the rest of us, customer deposits are essential BEFORE you start to develop a product in order to gauge interest in the product and to garner firm commitments to buy the product...

Again.. you are thinking Fortune 500 when you say "you need to go to resources that you can depend on to get the money you need to develop that product " for the rest of the commercial world those sources of finance just do not exist...

Hence the success of things like Kickstarter.. where customers put up 100% of the money up front to finance development...
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Clearly you're a diehard flex supporter with no vision on what it takes to run a company or run a project. I don't know how many times I need to say it you should not rely on a customer base I don't care how big or how small your company is to finance your projects. Nonetheless to make commitments that you forever miss
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yet another one telling Flex they don't know how to run their company, too funny.....
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Another dense consumer who just doesn't get it that the customer should not finance companies project, more funny
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I guess that having founded and run over a dozen companies in my life (including 2 that I took public) does not qualify me as having the vision to run a company.. nor does the hundreds of successful projects that my companies have build qualify me to run a project

But not having that "Vision" but having had that real world experience, invariably the funds you need to start those companies or build those project usually comes from customer deposits.. not from some mysterious magical sources of funds that only Fortune 500 companies have access to....

• W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    There are many companues that does not use customers to finance their projects or taking deposits on something they don't have to deliver. Apache labs doesn't do it, ELAD doesn't do it, I've never seen the Yaesu or Kenwood do it. The list can go on an. And if you think customers should finance projects of companies then no you do not know how to run a business
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Nick.  Their are many ways to run a business.  I think it is great that Flex lets all of us know what is coming down the pike.  They often let us know when the product is still in the planning stages.  How often do other companies do that?  It takes a lot of effort to get a product off the ground, and finally into production.  I for one really appreciate that Flex shares their visions and projected targets with us.  I have spent most of my life providing software services to government agencies and can tell you, very seldom are projected product production timelines met.  Flex is a small company, they produce an amazing product and I for one don't mind waiting until they feel their hardware and or software offerings are ready for market.  I love the fact that we as a community have been told of the Maestro well before its release.  I've been able to ponder how I plan on using the product and now have dreams of its arrival. Any other manufacture would not have told us anything until it was ready to ship.  Shoot, just knowing the Maestro was on its way has helped me plan how my station will operate in the future and how I might better be prepared.  The pre-knowledge of its eventual release has helped me understand the vision of Flex Radio and where we might all be heading.  I love the fact that Flex shares this information and their vision with us.  I think its been and will continue to be an exciting ride, don't you?

I don't mind waiting. 

P.S.  I did get a chance to play with the Maestro while at the Yuma Hamfest and all I can say is it is a work of art.  Its quite solid, beautifully designed, controls operate smoothly, and actually surpassed my expectations.  It took all I had to keep from drooling all over the display table......
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I agree with everything you just said 100% I just don't think it's fair that I have to pay whether it be through PayPal credit card it doesn't matter 100% of the product cost and I'm waiting for months. It doesn't make any sense to me why should I have to pay $1200 for something im not going to see because it's not ready to be delivered. If they only were going to take a deposit of $100 then I fully understand. them charging me full price for something they can't deliver, no sorry I don't think that's right
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Nick.  Although its been a few months ago, I only paid $100 for my pre-order.  This was to guarantee I get the Maestro at a little bit of a reduced price when it is released.  I knew when I pre-ordered it would be a while before I take delivery and I was good with that. 

If you feel your financing Flex products, why don't you just wait until the product your interested in is actually shipping before you order it.  That should take care of the problem for you.  I'm just guessing, but you might be able to cancel your order and then wait until next month or so and then re-order once they are shipping them?
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I've been in contact with flex with the powers at be and they give me that option however the monies already spent. The thing that upsets me the most is when I ordered this in January the website at that time gave me the impression they were in stock and ready to be shipped I didn't notice anything in bold letters or some kind of a big notice stating that they weren't ready for shipment yet that's my biggest beef. I typically don't get newsletters and when I do it's very infrequent and when I do I don't really have a whole Lotta time to read them. That may be my fault for not reading the newsletter is however that doesn't negate the fact that the website at the time in January gave me the impression otherwise. I typically don't get newsletters very infrequent and when I do I don't really have a whole Lotta time to read them. That may be my fault for not reading the newsletters however that doesn't negate the fact that the website at the time in January gave me the impression otherwise
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You DID cancel in order to show your indignation ... right??

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.